corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drives?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test Drives?
islandofshame

User status: Offline
21st Nov 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey,

never been in the position where i wana test drive a car before...am guessin a dealership won't let you take a used car on a test drive willy-nilly?

are you normally expected to buy the car before u can test drive it?

cheers
- islandofshame
Tom

21st Nov 07 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck no, just need to show your serious and they'll let you in most cases. Especially used they should let you no danger.
Bez_SXi

21st Nov 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can always try your luck... if they think you're genuinely interested then they will let you. I did it myself when I had my 1.2 Corsa... phoned up about a Clio 172 at a garage, went down there, and test drove it
islandofshame

21st Nov 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, but what do i say after the test drive though? run? what excuse can i give to the salesman to get away?

am actually genuinely interested in the car but won't have the money till the end of the month...can u normally put down a deposit on a car to put ur name to it? would it normally b like 10% of the cars value or somethin?
Tom

21st Nov 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah should be able to put deposit down
Robbo

21st Nov 07 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt be a test drive if you bought it
Bez_SXi

22nd Nov 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by islandofshame
lol, but what do i say after the test drive though? run? what excuse can i give to the salesman to get away?

am actually genuinely interested in the car but won't have the money till the end of the month...can u normally put down a deposit on a car to put ur name to it? would it normally b like 10% of the cars value or somethin?

Simple really, just say you'll have a think about it and that you need to weigh up your finances to see if you can afford it, etc!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just act serious mate, talk the talk, tell him you are considering other cars ( list them). Just dont be a prat.

Before I got my company car me and a girl waltz into a Mini dealership and test drove two Mini Coopers (Cooper and Cooper S). Posed as a couple buying one and everything it was funny
Gg_mf

22nd Nov 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not so keen on certain salesman. Last year we went to look at a 182 and was very serious about buying one. However the salesman was just so unhelpful. I come to the conclusion is that they took one look at us cos i was only 19 at the time and they asumed we couldnt afford it. However u walk in with your parents and they are throwing drinks down your neck and giving you all the chat. In the end up we bought a Golf V6 instead!
Rob R

22nd Nov 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Before I got my company car me and a girl waltz into a Mini dealership, Posed as a couple buying one and everything it was funny

you mean they didn't notice your gay brigade badge william

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drives? 22 database queries in 0.0147569 seconds