corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » HIPS get full roll out from December 14th

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HIPS get full roll out from December 14th
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 07 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7107346.stm

Mixed opinions there.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
C2RL R

22nd Nov 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the crack if your house was already on the market before hips came into effect?
Robbo

22nd Nov 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh just saw that, dodgy IMO
AndyKent

22nd Nov 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't apply I don't think if you were already selling as loads of houses went on the market just before the start to avoid having one. Problem is that no one wants to buy at the moment.
C2RL R

22nd Nov 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it. i nearly sold mine 4 times in 6 months when the time of year was right. i've not had a single viewing for the last month.
Ally

22nd Nov 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCKS SAKE

im selling mine next year, means somthing extra to pay for that will possibly make it harder to sell the god dam house
Andrew

22nd Nov 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only have one bedroom, hence the sale Think i'll be ok
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
Doesn't apply I don't think if you were already selling as loads of houses went on the market just before the start to avoid having one. Problem is that no one wants to buy at the moment.

Problem is the market is flooded due to HIPS and uncertaintly regarding interest rates/Northern Rock etc. Has knocked the confidence of potential buyers unfortunatley.

Certainly won't b picking up any time soon, viewings will be going dead quiet over Xmas.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they're a great idea.
AndyKent

23rd Nov 07 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Problem is the market is flooded due to HIPS and uncertaintly regarding interest rates/Northern Rock etc. Has knocked the confidence of potential buyers unfortunatley.

Certainly won't b picking up any time soon, viewings will be going dead quiet over Xmas.

But then the housing market always slows down considerably over Christmas anyway. The test to see what affect they've had is in March/April next year when people feel a little more flush.
whitter45

23rd Nov 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the house market has slowed down but demand is higher than supply

People do not move over christmas but many people view over christmas

THE HIPS is a great idea especially if your buying and a first time buyer - it will ensure houses are sold to a given standard and stop cowboys selling death traps or houses that are not fit for living
dannymccann

26th Nov 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
THE HIPS is a great idea especially if your buying and a first time buyer - it will ensure houses are sold to a given standard and stop cowboys selling death traps or houses that are not fit for living

I agree with that point, problem is, havent there been reports that the inspectors are either a) being bribed to just pass the house off as better or what not and b) some houses are being brought down on certain things because the inspectors dont know what they are looking at or arent qualified enough to judge it??
whitter45

26th Nov 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:

I agree with that point, problem is, havent there been reports that the inspectors are either a) being bribed to just pass the house off as better or what not and b) some houses are being brought down on certain things because the inspectors dont know what they are looking at or arent qualified enough to judge it??

Yes i agree the principal still stands

I am going to get HIPS certified soon - see what happens
Robin
Premium Member

26th Nov 07 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
People do not move over christmas but many people view over christmas

I'm moving on the 18th of December
Robin
Premium Member

26th Nov 07 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann

You could do that with a normal surveyor too though, surely?
AndyKent

26th Nov 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But a normal surveyor risks being removed from the RICS..........something they have worked at for years and years.

A HIPS inspector has done a very basic 6 month (part time) course and probably hasn't got any previous surveying experience.
charcoalgrill

6th Dec 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the princial of hips are a good idea, it will not stop people selling houses that arent fit for living because the home condition report is not a mandatory document in the hip.

first time buyers will ultimately benefit from hips, but generally consumers are not reading them (10% according to spicerheart survey) and most people dont understand them.

it should speed up the sale, but if the property has been on the market for a while, the searches are out of date after 3 months.

there is no "drop dead date" announced (yet)

if you are looking at selling your house then some estate agents will encompass it into their fee structure. a decent provider hip should be about 330 +VAT.

New Poll