corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fujifilm S6500

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fujifilm S6500
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
1st Dec 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Im looking to buy a new digital camera as im taking more and more pictures and all i have is my pone .

I went into argos earlier and saw they had the Fujifilm S6500 for £210. Iv looked on Amazon and can get it for £150 on there,

What im wanting to know is would this be a good camera for the price? Has anyone got one? Anyone been on one?

Thanks Si
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

2nd Dec 07 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the s6500fd, very good camera imo picture quality is v good and you also have the features/settings found on most dslr's.

i'd recommend one if your just starting out in photography or if you just like taking photos & want a bit more to play about with rather than point and shoot.

have a look here for my photos taken with the s6500
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danny-w/

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Simon_16v

2nd Dec 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for replying mate. What settings does it have? I do like taking pictures but iv never had anything with any real settings. How do you find the zoom?
Danny W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 07 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the usual set up for different types of light, cloudy overcast etc. then you have sport mode, portrait, landscape, macro, manual mode.

you can change the shutter speed, aperture, ISO and focus etc. to get the best out of your photos.

you can also buy filters & add on lenses for it.

the zoom is pretty good, not the best and nothing compared with the dslr's but i haven't had a problem with mine

for example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danny-w/409826527/

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=409050380&size=o

these were taken using full zoom, manual settings/focus and no tripod

and this full zoom
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1082111337&size=o

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Simon_16v

2nd Dec 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the zoom is good enough without having to use the digital zoom?

What lens can you get? Have you got any and what are the prices?
Danny W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 07 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'd say so, i've never had to use the digital zoom on the fuji.
you can get fish eye, telephoto lenses & most filters with a 52mm thread will fit iirc.

i havent bought or tried these out yet

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Matt L

2nd Dec 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought one of these cameras the other day (starting to get into photography myself) and so far im really impressed with it.

got mine from a shop in town for £180 that included case, memory card, batteries and obviously camera.

didnt realise you could get extra lenses tho... shall look into that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fujifilm S6500 24 database queries in 0.0206079 seconds