corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my xe project, but not having so much fun

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my xe project, but not having so much fun
haydenover

User status: Offline
   4th Dec 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

ive finally went out and got a red top to put in my corsa and at the moment i am in the process of rebuilding it

why is it that people dont replace the pullys when doing a cambelt change

The engine i got for pretty much nothing but the cambelt had gone first thing i thouhgt is bent vales

1) head of to find all 16vs bent, not to botherd about that
2) block pistons all have play in them and have quite bad gashes in them, im not sure if the ring r at fault as to why the piston have play or the cylinder walls r worn.

il update some pics of head with bent valves and bottom end with damaged pistons

plans for the engine.

1) get the head check over and cracked tested, if all good it will be reskimmed and new valve fitted

2)get bottom end checked out if walls r at fault then il shall go for a rebore to a 2.1 with new pistons and shells, rings, regrounded crank bearings etc

list of parts if gose to plans

1) all new gaskets
2) new vavles:
3) new timing belt
4)new water pump
5)new oil pump
6)new pistons
7) new spark plugs and leads
to be continued

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my xe project, but not having so much fun 23 database queries in 0.0044761 seconds