corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 corsa = boring,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 corsa = boring,
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
7th Dec 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im starting to find my corsa a bit boring, not sure what to do, get a new corsa and put all my stuff into it or just get another car,

what car should i get? i do like the 106 gti, but would i be able to get insured - and with who and what price, im 17, but i would get one with 1yncb and id be 18 by tht time.

any help or advice? just the 1.0 is getting annoying just cus its got no power!

i was thinking of gettin a 1.6 corsa sport and transfer my stuff over but im not sure anymore!
stan_the_man

7th Dec 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a bigger engine - not a 106
16V_1600

7th Dec 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
im starting to find my corsa a bit boring, not sure what to do, get a new corsa and put all my stuff into it or just get another car,

what car should i get? i do like the 106 gti, but would i be able to get insured - and with who and what price, im 17, but i would get one with 1yncb and id be 18 by tht time.

any help or advice? just the 1.0 is getting annoying just cus its got no power!

i was thinking of gettin a 1.6 corsa sport and transfer my stuff over but im not sure anymore!

That's the shite thing bout trying to insure a car and be 17. Unless you're prepared to part with £000's you're stuck really withanything 1.4 and under
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love my 12v but not for the power....the way it looks, attracts attention and the noise.....if you want power go get it cos no 12v will give u endless smiles

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Fonz]
corsa_nation

7th Dec 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can, get a 1.6 so you can use all your extras on it.... depending on insurance though i guess
Simon_16v

7th Dec 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if you want to pay 180 a year on tax too lol
16V_1600

7th Dec 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_nation
if you can, get a 1.6 so you can use all your extras on it.... depending on insurance though i guess

When I bought my 1.6 sport, The guy at the garage I bought it from said that he had an 18 year old lad said he'd buy it. Got a quote for it and it was over £2000!

So he backed out and I bought it.

£425 fully comp @ 25 with 5 years NCB
will_ainsworth

7th Dec 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i spoke to insurance a while back, on a 1.6 corsa i would need to pay 200 more than on my 1.0 which was 900 odd so im able to do it, just i duno if i want to just sell my car, and sell my irmscher bumper and seats and wheels etc seperatly and get a different car, i love blue or yellow gti's and they are comfy with the leathers lol duno just bit bored with corsa, what would people say its worth with everything on it + my irmy airdam,

58.000 miles
cat back stainless exhaust
irmy airdam,
gsi astra alloys
sparco milano 2 buckets
electric mirrors and windows
colour coded
no rust
really clean,
Ben G

7th Dec 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread makes me smile...

the fact that when you kept going on about getting an engine conversion for your 1.0 i suggested just buy a standard 1.6 sport and transfer your bits over...

you said NO as it would be too hard and you don't want to do that..

you also replied something like ''i will go through with this, i'm not just saying it unlike other people'' when i said loads of people say about engine conversions and never carry them out.

funny how times change
scottyp1989

7th Dec 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was paying nearly £2300 on my gsi
JonnyJ

7th Dec 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it until you can afford something you really want. I had to put up with a 1.2 16v until i was 20!
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 106 gti is a higher insurance group so will b more expensive than a 1.6 sport and 4 a decent 1 that hasnt been thrashed will b dearer too

as some 1 said its the higher tax bracket aswell and mine is quite thursty on petrol as well so ur petrol bill will go up also if u get bored easy havin two cars the same 1 after another might get bored easily.so just have a think bout that

April 08 feature car
deano87

7th Dec 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait is my advice. You're still young in driving terms, have literally have no experience. Get used to driving first, in normal driving conditions, rush hour and what not.

A 12v, with the right suspension set-up (i.e if you're into modifiying) will be just as good on country roads than any other car.

You can still get done for speeding in a 12v, so that is something to think about.
chrisj_88

7th Dec 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was in the exact same position as you mate. learned to drive in a 1litre corsa, and that is still my car today (im 19) but was sick to death with the power, so i've saved up and bought parts gradually, and now waiting to get my xe put in.

just hang on mate. there's no point in paying thousands to insure a 1.4, just wait a nother year and get proper upgrade
JinThaMC

7th Dec 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Wait is my advice. You're still young in driving terms, have literally have no experience. Get used to driving first, in normal driving conditions, rush hour and what not.

A 12v, with the right suspension set-up (i.e if you're into modifiying) will be just as good on country roads than any other car.

You can still get done for speeding in a 12v, so that is something to think about.

Nice,
In that case lets all get a 12v then?
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

sound advice!!!
i got mine lowered on an AVO kit and the handling is superb! im just waiting to save enuf to get a car that will make everyone else jealous!! (VX220 here hoping!!)
Revolver

8th Dec 07 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your just 17 and bored of your car?

Wake up will you.
DC90

8th Dec 07 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 1.0 12v..Hits 90mph which is enough for any car..Only prob is acceleration, obviously.
Corsa_Scotty

8th Dec 07 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving a 106 is like sitting a tin can!!! you dont know when its gonna fall apart

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by ScottyBhoy2k7]
Andrew

8th Dec 07 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really know. I'm just worried you will loose your licence if you think a 1.0 is boring.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was paying 2400 on my 1.4 sport
Andrew

8th Dec 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a 1.0 if it halfed my fuel bills

£70 a week in fuel is pissing me right off
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop driving like a tool then

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by IvIarkgraham]
Andrew

8th Dec 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't push my car that much now

Just reminded me though, i need to put my expences in for work

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 corsa = boring, 23 database queries in 0.0153601 seconds