corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Grinding noise under the bonnet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grinding noise under the bonnet
Lazarus

User status: Offline
9th Dec 07 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone,my secondary air pump(i think that's the thing wich kicks in when the car is cold and it's on for about 2-3 minutes and than cuts out and the revs drop to normal ~900rpm) is making whining/sort of dieing noises for a year now,but today with the whining noise there was also a bit scary grinding noise coming from it.It stopped as soon as the s.a.p. went off and everything was back to normal....but i have to say that usualy with the s.a.p. on the revs are ~1200rpm,but today it went all the way up to 1800-2k rpm.....and i bet it's not ICV,false air related...i think the s.a.p is playing up?I'm i making any sense here?Do i need to replace the thing?Or just bin it?Is it a crutial part for the correct running of the engine when cold?Any similar experience?Cause it happened for the first time today and i scared my self a bit cause it was an awful grinding noise.
Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks.Lazar
Richardhhha

9th Dec 07 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your best bet mate is go out and get yourself a aftermarket exhaust manifold and put it on as it doesnt have the hole for the s.a.p were talking x14xe or 16
Lazarus

9th Dec 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An aftermarket exhaust manifold?Isn't that expensive?Can't i just fix the s.a.p. or if i get rid of it weld something in place to plug the hole?Are all aftermarket manifolds designed for performance gains,if so i'm realy not interested in tuning my X14XE.
Any other suggestions?Anyone?
Ellis

9th Dec 07 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run without a air pump, makes no odds to me, i just try not to thrash the tits off until its warm...

Smells a little of fuel from a cold start, obv it takes longer for the cat to get up to working temp.

New Poll