corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » flame red paint code help anyone please???(end of thread prob sorted)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flame red paint code help anyone please???(end of thread prob sorted)
badboy1989

User status: Offline
16th Dec 07 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiyall

i have searched my vin which looks v.different to that which is on the tutorials on here and it says Y 547 053 and on the other it says 79l which ive come to work out is magma/flame red? ok thats not the problem my prob is the year of manufactur was 92- so im guessing pre 92? if so mines on a N reg does this matter and have i got the code right? if so why is it i have primered my bumpers with red primer then gone through nessesary stages and painted with flame red spray and laquered ect and its not matching at all? i have tryed T-cutting the freshly painted area and still seems wayyy too dark anyone able to help?? heres a pic ...

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by badboy1989]
B3KAN

16th Dec 07 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

79L is the correct code mate

Tbh its red it fades getting a spot on match will be hard unless the previous paint isnt that old

Also your painting bumpers which are plastic or fibre glass so it will come out darker

Cant see to much from the pic, mabe try and get 1 in the day light
badboy1989

16th Dec 07 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will take a new pic later on well when i wake up after going to sleep lol bit of a stupid time of day(night?) to take them i guess lol i just thought it should be a bit of a better match then what its currently at ill try giving the rest of the car a good t-cutting and polishing to see if its any closer then take pics
B3KAN

16th Dec 07 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope your gna paint your arches 2
badboy1989

16th Dec 07 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the dick who i brought the car off well it came with the kit and wheels ect so he thought hed do a piss poor job of fitting the bumpers and arches has a combat front and skirts unsure of what the rear bumper is and the arches have screws poking through the outside where hes bodged em back on :@ sothink il get a new front bumper and arch kit maybe go for the gsi set but is there much difference?
B3KAN

16th Dec 07 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gsi arches are just the same but are cut to fit over the gsi skirts

Just smooth the arches that are on it and paint them
badboy1989

16th Dec 07 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out the smooth fitting of front and baring in mind ive removed and refitted it i cant match the fitting very well as the mounting brackets are in the wrong place and the mounting wholes inbetween lights where grille sits are snapped off so thinking a more subtle front maybe gsi or something else euro i like the one seen on kenny(?) off heres flame red corsa
badboy1989

16th Dec 07 at 02:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
Gsi arches are just the same but are cut to fit over the gsi skirts

Just smooth the arches that are on it and paint them

think i may just do that going to buy some spray from vaux for the arches to see if the match is any better if so will respray bumpers ect
Roffo

16th Dec 07 at 03:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey mate, lookin better than when it was bought anyway!! i rekon its cause your old paint is faded, only way really is to get proffesional job. but if ur changing bumpers then id leave it. maybe find a set of standard bumpers for time being...

good effort anyway.
Roffo

16th Dec 07 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s cheers for 'shop in snap day.

ideas all over the place...

badboy1989

16th Dec 07 at 04:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol np'z with shop buddy if u want anymore i aint v.good but ill give it all ago just trying to play about with photoshop and get a bit better so all fun lol

yeah i think it looks better waiting to sell the foxes before i fit the katanas and i was thinking about stripping the whole kit off and wheels getting it on axle stands untill i have it all running right and head changed and exhaust on and new brake set,lowered and oil change and handbrake cable sorted think ill just leave the kit untill i get a new front and get the arches done got a lot of work to do i rekon weather isnt helping either

New Poll