corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Approach to take with bodyshop..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Approach to take with bodyshop..
Rob B

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice really...

My ibiza which i bought off my mate 2 weeks ago had a full respray just before i had it, now i know the guy at the bodyshop he did a fair bit of work to my saxo... thing is theres a few bits on the car the paint has chipped off which im not overally bothered with as you cant see them, what im more bothered about is the paint is very mottled and orange pealy, now as i wasnt the one that took the car originally im just wandering if he can refuse to do it? And what approach should i use, "ive noticed the paint to very orange pealy and was wandering if you could look into rectifying it for me"

I can just see him saying now, theres nothing i can do about it, or " thats the way the paint is " etc etc

Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just read that back and it makes fuk all sense really, what i mean is, if he refuses to rectify it do i have a leg to stand on
jr

2nd Jan 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH rob, most VAG cars from new are very very orange pealy
Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can accept that but the bonnet is like a mirror with no peal at all, but the sides are dreadful, no real depth in the paint or anything.
Kano

2nd Jan 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He would be well within his rights to show you the door as you didn't pay for the respray...

As JR said a lot of cars are very orange peely from new..
AdzJohnson

2nd Jan 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not go down with your mate that paid for it and say he still owns it and see if he will sort it then?
Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he does, then can i get my mate who payed for the respray to take it there or him knowing i own the car will he not deal with him then either.

My mate cant see the problem hes one of those that isnt fussed with stuff like that

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by Rob B]
Ally

2nd Jan 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You bought the car with the paintwork in the condition its in, you dont have a leg to stand on tbf
Ally

2nd Jan 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but like uve said, ur mate could take it back and say hes noticed some orange peel or get him to ring them...
Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree Ally, but he knows us both, and the fact is theres 3 or 4 places paint was chipped like round the side repeater, edge of bonnet and a few other bits i could get my mate to take it back and have all those bits done again cause you dont expect that on a 3 week old but all im asking is for it to be flatted and buffed really to get rid of the peal, so i think im being quite reasonable.
antscorsa

2nd Jan 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the orange peel effect is basiaclly the mass painting of production line cars!!
the orange peel is the build up of paint and the paints they use nowadays are meant to dry fast etc so they can be moved aong the line quicker!
the orange peel effect is from no rubbing down or flattening!
i guess theres no laquer on your paint as its a flat colour so maybe get the car mopped!
Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is laquer i believe on there, im aware its due to the fact it hasnt been flatted etc, the bonnet is very good no peal effect at all, so im hoping he just didnt flat the rest of the car and thats what he will agree to do
ed

2nd Jan 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's had a full re-spray before hand then the fact that it was painted by a machine from the factory is a irrelevent.

The painter has obviously done a shit job, but your mate should have picked up on it before he even paid for the car. In reality he is likely to tell you to fuck off, but he should rectify it really.
Rob B

2nd Jan 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know vag paint is hard but my mate has just had his golf resprayed and its amazing, really shiney etc.
Dean_W

2nd Jan 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
You bought the car with the paintwork in the condition its in, you dont have a leg to stand on tbf

I agree.
Steev

2nd Jan 08 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go and talk to the chap who painted the car, tell him the situation and see what he say's, worst case he will say "whateva" but i doubt it, he will probs look at the work and realise it needs a good flat and polish on the side's
BAZ 1256

2nd Jan 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as already said a good flatten down and buff up should help, ask if the painter will do it, if he doesnt then youll just have to pay to get it done, shouldnt cost too much
ed

2nd Jan 08 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or go to another shop who have decent standards of work...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Approach to take with bodyshop.. 22 database queries in 0.0124519 seconds