corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » People at the gym make me laugh

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People at the gym make me laugh
Marc

User status: Offline
   2nd Jan 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As predicted the gym was packed tonight with the new year vow to get fit gym goers. Which is all well and good, but they do naff all! The vast majority of them fanny about lifting puney weights or use it as a place to hang out and talk to their friends. There was a couple tonight stood over a machine chatting away for about 5 minutes. Took a few glances before they buggered off and perched up another machine and prevented that from falling over. Then you get the skinny lasses, although nice to look at they do fuck all! If I was the gym owners I don't know which I'd rather have, people paying and doing sod all whilst there holding up equipment or less people going that actually go there to do a work out. I did 13minutes warm up on the bike and burnt 105 calories, which is a 2 fingered KitKat apparantley, I wonder how many in there tonight managed to build up a sweat to make those indulgences worthwhile.

Back to normal next month!

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by Marc]
Robbo

2nd Jan 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:S I cant go for a few days as Ive badly cut the back of me feet and can barely walk lol

Actuallt I havent been to the gym since i joine din mid-oct... only been swimming lol
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought the MOS workout dvd and a skipping rope!
Craig W

2nd Jan 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My gym was only closed xmas/boxing day and NY eve/day so i trained all over the festive period. Dreading the gym tomorrow, it's going to be full of the January Gym Jims
Marc

2nd Jan 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was litterally winding myself up watching them! Incompetence is one thing but these people think by just turning up they've had a good work out and are on the right track to fitness.
Russ

2nd Jan 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bird at work is like this, she says, i go to the gym for 2 hours x 5 times a week.

found out later she spends 1 hour of that changing/showering before and after, and 30 mins talking on benches with friends, so by marcs calculations, burns 2 kitkats off
Aaron

2nd Jan 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
bird at work is like this, she says, i go to the gym for 2 hours x 5 times a week.

found out later she spends 1 hour of that changing/showering before and after, and 30 mins talking on benches with friends, so by marcs calculations, burns 2 kitkats off

Pics?
bigdan

2nd Jan 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im swapping gyms next week

i go at about 7-8 so hopfully most these people will of fucked off by then
Russ

2nd Jan 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Pics?
6ft and blonde, shes stunnin tbh

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by Russ]
strick206

3rd Jan 08 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just know it's going to be packed when i go on friday

Will take a good month before it's back to normal, then i can actually get on the machines to get fit again after back troubles
Hammer

3rd Jan 08 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get myself back into the groove i was going good guns until the holidays but my diet and lack of working out has been shocking!
Nismo

3rd Jan 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont like Gyms full stop, so i bought the stuff myself and do it all at home.
SetH

3rd Jan 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right there is a way i deal with this.

I get my hardcore meathead vests out, the ones that arent really worth wearing as its like a piece of cloth

something like this :

Anyway you stomp around the gym quickly, pick your weights up straight into a set. Beast your reps out with heavy ass weights whilst making a face like conan and grunting like a heffer administering strap on services.

Drop your weights and make a bang, not nice gym etiquette but it will rattle the new ants, yes ants they get in the way so just crush them. Get your next weights and straight into another beast set, show the chumps that you dont do a set then sit there for 5 mins scratching your ass with that dumb chevy chase look on your face.

walk up to your m8 and go in a high pitched negro voice, "Everyone wanna be a bodybuilder but no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight". Watch the looks on the ants faces, its priceless they really dont know what to think.

By now you should have made at least a 1/3 of them think, "OMG this gym isnt for me.."

If you get some ants hogging a machine because they sit there and do a pissy 30 reps with 5kg then talk for 10 minutes go up to them and spread your lats, squeeze your neck to get some veins out and say, "If you wanna talk fuck off down the hairdressers"

FIN.

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by SetH]
Marc

3rd Jan 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth I fucking love you!
Carl

3rd Jan 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Seth.
It's shit but thats what happens at them types of gym's, at the end of the day they probably feel better for it if not on a physical level just on a social level. If the instructors were more personal and helpful in these type of places they would probably get more out of it physically too.

I might stick some treadmills in a large cafe and charge a monthly subscription.
AdZ9

3rd Jan 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark how i'd love to train with you and watch you do that. I bet you terrorise little teenages don't you, bully
corsa_godfather

4th Jan 08 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have my membership running at my local gym,be lucky if i go once a month though.Get fed up waiting around on dumbells etc

So i have myself a nice collection in my lock up me and my mate train after work in.get a far better work out!
csweatherston

8th Jan 08 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to terroise some OAP's today, 3 of them spotting a bloke on the bench (only 1 plate a side :@)
damn old people getting in the way of my squat rack!! argh
JonnyJ

8th Jan 08 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt join the Gym this month for this very reason, i knew regulars would view me as a new year resolution type person
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines full of dickheads too.

Proper posers.

I burnt 350 kals last night.

Did 14k on the bike, rowed 2000m and did all my weights. Woo.
Marc

8th Jan 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Packed again last night.Everything had somebody using/sat on it.
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monday nights are the worst I find.

Wed second.

Tuesdays and thursdays are always a winner. And friday nights...
Marc

8th Jan 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by novabex
I burnt 350 kals last night.

Calories?

I burn 115 calories from 10 min on the bike.
AdZ9

8th Jan 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would of burnt more than you think bex, specially doing weights aswell as your cardio. I recommend you do your weights first though and cardio after (unless you already do that)
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah calories. I did about 35mins on the bike. My rowing was just under 10 minutes but I have weak arms at the moment.

I do cardio first then my weights.... Why should I do it the other way round?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » People at the gym make me laugh 23 database queries in 0.0176530 seconds