corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez says he can't compete with the top 3...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Benitez says he can't compete with the top 3...
Marc

User status: Offline
6th Jan 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3026124,00.html

"It is easy to see why because people know the figures. Over a season there is massive difference between what we earn and what United earn - maybe £30million in gate money."

Surely not? We have all that debt after all so don't actually have £30million over Liverpool
strick206

6th Jan 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's just a moaning badger tbh, and is making excuses

This is why i hate benitez, he's always coming out moaning etc etc
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can he whinge when Arsenal won three titles based out of the 38k capacity Highbury And STILL spent less than Liverpool on players etc.
Marc

6th Jan 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you have a distinct lack of strength in depth Robhino you have to bring other factors in to it to cover the fact up.
strick206

6th Jan 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc avatar
Marc

6th Jan 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaron

6th Jan 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooo i can't wait for when Cosmanina reads this thread
Nath

6th Jan 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry, he'll fix it. Throw more money at it Rafa, go on, that's the answer isn't it?
nik

6th Jan 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll go in the Summer.
Nath

6th Jan 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I reckon so.
Cosmo

6th Jan 08 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
oooo i can't wait for when Cosmanina reads this thread

Why? Its not the kind of thing to wind me up

He is half right, as in we dont have the means to fight it out in terms of revenue coming into the club compared to Arsenal and United, but its not really an excuse IMO, just means he would need more time to spend each season rather than being able to go out and spend £60m on 3 players, all Fergie.

Robbo- the league has changed since you did that with next to no money. With the amounts Chelsea and United can and are spending now to win anything you need to match their spending. The only other option is to do what you have and spend a few seasons winning fuck all while you build up a youth base and hope you get some good ones coming through.
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True but then we still dont spend much money and are still top of the league Granted we do have over £1m a match coming in for home games!
Cosmo

6th Jan 08 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
True but then we still dont spend much money and are still top of the league Granted we do have over £1m a match coming in for home games!

Did you read my second paragraph?! You have spent a few seasons winning nothing and bringing in young kids, and now are seeing the benefits of doing so. Rafa has only been doing that for about 2 seasons now so will be another 1 or 2 before we have the same effect.
Marc

6th Jan 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He maybe has a point to an extent. He got Torres recently though and no one knows what hes being given, if anything to spend in the January window. Without being argumentative it boils down to under achieving in the league. Which is proven by the fact you won the UEFA Cup in 01, CL in 05, FA Cup 06 and made the CLfinal again last season.
Nismo

6th Jan 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_3026067,00.html
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Did you read my second paragraph?! You have spent a few seasons winning nothing and bringing in young kids, and now are seeing the benefits of doing so. Rafa has only been doing that for about 2 seasons now so will be another 1 or 2 before we have the same effect.
Sorry no I didnt notice that bit, jus re-read
Marc

6th Jan 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it true they're refinancing the club as Gillete Razer and Hicks have no money?
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they HAVE to re-finance cos of the short term way they did the sale, poss wrong
Jodi_the_g

6th Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Is it true they're refinancing the club as Gillete Razer and Hicks have no money?

Don't be silly they are loaded. They might want some money back from buying it if they are doing that.

Hicks has around 1.3 Billion USD and George N. Gillett Jr. has around 3bn USD.
Jodi_the_g

6th Jan 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think they HAVE to re-finance cos of the short term way they did the sale, poss wrong

That makes sense as I know they are not short of a bob or two,just our media like the northern rock thing over react on everything.
Cosmo

6th Jan 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jodi is half right, although Hicks is the richer of the two though at around 3-4billion, and Gillett has about 1bn.

We dont HAVE to refinance the original loan at all. The media is reporting we have to by Feb 2008, but I have the sale documents infront of me that say H&G have the original £298m loan (secured against their own assets) available to them until Feb 2009. They had the option of getting out of this in Feb 2008 but with the recent credit crunch it isnt going to happen.

As normal this whole 'story' has come out in the UK media as being the end of all ends. But in realistic terms the only problem is the fact the architects underestimated the cost of the new design of the stadium (partly due to UK planning restraints, and partly due to being dickheads!) by about £50m, and this has caused H&G to look at the design one more time to cut a few costs (mainly the glass facade of the stadium) to even this figure out.

The financing of the whole thing will be done in a number of ways...H&G will put in about £100m each to cover the original purchase of the club (so no debt as they said), and then the loan for the Stadium being built will come in 3 phases as it progresses, mounting to a total of around £300-350m. A large chunch of this will be paid off via naming right (around £100m) and then the rest will be secured in a similar way to Arsenal have done so with the Emirates.
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Against future ground receipts
Robbo

6th Jan 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Gate receipts even
Cosmo

6th Jan 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, easiest, and most sensible, way to do it
Rob_Quads

6th Jan 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

This is the problem with the modern climate - Because Wenger has been there and done it we (Arsenal supporters) which are not overly happy at winning sod all for the last couple years can see whats happening and accept it.
Many other teams will not allow this luxury - you only have to look at the likes of Spurs etc - sacking managers because they are not right up there. Newcastle - 4 years 4 managers - give one a chance and maybe he will do something. Fans have to realise that just changing the manager every year is not always the way to go.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez says he can't compete with the top 3... 23 database queries in 0.0135961 seconds