corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What do you reckon?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do you reckon?
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
12th Jan 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Just come back from a known bodyshop for a quote.

Basically id like to have done:-

Boot needs to be repaired as has a rust spot so they will technically refurb the whole boot.

Put on my reiger back bumper.

Put on my front bumper (most likely Gsi)

Replace rear arch trim

Bad-boy the bonnet also

and what they'll do then is take a few strips of paint of the whole car (except roof) and respray it with a good few layers of the same colour.

All that for £850 (and assuming the 17.5%) all in!

Does this sound about right for all that work? And it'll take about two weeks.

Your opinions please.
stevegreetham

12th Jan 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you fit the bumpers yourself mate? might save some cash. Rust on a boot can easily be sorted at home too
MatthewR

12th Jan 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds right yeah
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 08 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
Hi all,

Just come back from a known bodyshop for a quote.

Basically id like to have done:-

Boot needs to be repaired as has a rust spot so they will technically refurb the whole boot.

Put on my reiger back bumper. - can be done by yourself easily if doenst need paining
Put on my front bumper (most likely Gsi) - can be done by yourself easily if doenst need paining

Replace rear arch trim - can be done by yourself easily if doenst need paining

Bad-boy the bonnet also

and what they'll do then is take a few strips of paint of the whole car (except roof) and respray it with a good few layers of the same colour. - is this necessary, is your paint really that bad that a mop wouldnt sort out
All that for £850 (and assuming the 17.5%) all in!

Does this sound about right for all that work? And it'll take about two weeks.

Your opinions please.
swill_omnibus

12th Jan 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could do the front bumper no probs but does need painting.

Not sure how to really work the reiger back bumper as it's an add on one and it does need spraying.

I'll replace the rear arch trim but will need spraying as would like to colour code.

Well the front bumper will need to be sprayed as so the back, personally the rust on the boot is fairly deep and theres some also on the wiper arm and sum where the spoiler is so if could would rather a bodyshop do it but i'll have a closer look over weekend.

But the reson would like the spray as would like it all to have been done in the one session other than it be slightly out of place as it's white it's gettin noticable.
Carl

12th Jan 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't personally be able to spend 1x the amount of the car or anything near unless it was something I was going to keep for ages.
swill_omnibus

12th Jan 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness i do tend to keep it for a good while, after the bodywork is sorted (cause it's shoddy as hell) need to sort the interior then wouldn mind goin XE but by time the engine comes round it'll be another year approx!

SportBoy

12th Jan 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most places tend to quote without vat too
swill_omnibus

12th Jan 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea thas what im thinking anyway as this place do tend too as ive found by shock before lol

But yea if put on both bumpers on (will ask advice on reiger one) and do my best on hte rust on boot (will get a pic on here to show what i mean) this will prob save me a good few pennies eh!
Carl

12th Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure you dont spiral out of control as before you know it you will spent about 3k and wonder why the fuck you did it.
swill_omnibus

12th Jan 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i can respect that m8, im planning all i do and before i go ahead with it am thinking bout what other possibilities there maybe, or would i rather sumin else etc.

But know i want to keep it in white as it is now so am planning the refurb of it's body work. But i can prob do a majority of this myself just when went initially for the rust i got into asking him bout puttin them bumpers on etc so i could prob drop the price right down if i fit the bumpers myself i suppose!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What do you reckon? 22 database queries in 0.0095160 seconds