corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe problems after 2days of owning one

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe problems after 2days of owning one
chrisj_88

User status: Offline
13th Jan 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the engine is warm, every now and again under gentle acceleration the engine starts to stutter quite badly, and the car kangeroos. the exhaust splutters. also sometimes when idling the revs drop and then shoot back up again, then its fine. when the engine is stuttering if i put my foot down it stops.

im pretty sure its not due to heat soak because the airfilter is well sheilded from the engine. my initial thoughts are it might be the dissy (old and dirty inside). or could it be due the airfilter getting slightly damp from the rain?

anyone any ideas?

cheers, chris.
chrisj_88

13th Jan 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only have this problem occasionally, however last night i stalled the car, and when i started up and drove off again it was stuttering much worse, and then settled down again. come to think of it, i have only had this problem since the first time i stalled it.

i dont think its anything to do with the fuel because when i put my foot down during the stutter it drives fine.

also, the heaters on the inside of the car-hot air only comes out by the windscreen, and the fans facing the seats always blow cold air, could this indicate that there is air in the cooling tract, so the heaters dont work because theres no water in the matrix ala air lock, if this is the case in other areas then will the cts be reading water occasionally and air when it comes through?

any thoughts?
DAZ1985

13th Jan 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a mis fire. change your plugs and leads?

also look into

crank sensor?
afm?
cts?
lambda?
dan_c4rsa

13th Jan 08 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like mine when mine misfires when cold.

check your plugs for wetness and if needs be change them and leads like daz said.

New Poll