corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » '04 Corsa Design hatchback - various

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author '04 Corsa Design hatchback - various
Tony Norton

User status: Offline
   18th Jan 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello you experts,

I've got a few problems with a recently acquired, unmodified as yet, 1.4 Corsa Design.

1) There is a leak at the rear nearside corner (rain getting in) which runs out at the bottom of the corner interior trim just above the speaker mounting panel. I've had the NSR light unit off and can't find anything amiss under there, except for an accumulation of dirt (now removed) around the rectangular hole that the cable comes through. Trouble is, the water obviously runs down, water has a tendency to do this, and collects in the footwell of the rear N/S passenger seat. The car doesn't have a sunroof. Any idea where it's getting in?

2) Silly, but may be associated, at the rear ends of the roofrack channel, not the little bits you take out to fit a roofrack (as if anyone would do this anyway!) there are sliding catches/covers. Are these supposed to be slid forward or back during normal use?

3) and finally, something that others seem to have experienced, when driving over sleeping policeman, the "hump" kind, not the ones that lie right across the road, if I straddle the hump as the front wheels go up there is a sqeak from the rear, then again as the rear wheels rise on to the hump. The happens if they are taken at anything above 20mph. I took the car back to the dealer, twice, and have had a front lower wishbone replaced (at his cost) and then both rear shockers. The squeaks are not as bad as they were, but are still there. Any ideas.

Wife reckons it's the worst, although it is the newest, car we've ever bought. I blame her for talking me into buying something we could trail behind the motorhome and p/exing our beautiful Omega for it!

Thanks for looking, and if you can help, thanks again.

Tony Norton

New Poll