corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*
AdZ9

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been driving 5 yrs and today has finally been the day i've been involved in a crash!

Driving along the A27 in the right hand lane going No more than 70, approaching a roundabout where cars like to weave in and out of lanes to get infront of people, guy in the left lane driving a BMW (cunt) cuts from the left into the right about 3 cars infront of me, causing everyone to break hard, we all broke hard and didn't crash into each other and i was a good 2 metres from the car infront, just as i thought it was all ok i hear that horrible sound of screeching tyres, look in my rear view to see a mini coming at me fast. Braced myself as i thought "this is going to hurt" and whack, straight into the back of me. Luckily where it shunted me i managed to break again and not hit the car infront.

Got out and had a look, was 4 guys in an old school mini (my first impression was, great not even english - but they were and were nice guys), 4 guys is alot of weight behind a tiny car. The back of my car looked like the front of a mini with 2 spot light marks in my bumper, and headight marks higher up pressed in. Damage doesn't look to bad except for the bumper (which im gutted about as its one of the CDX/Irmscher ones) and its been pressed in a bit so im hoping its not enough for it to be scrapped as the chassis and rear beam looks fine.
Front of the mini was all crumpled up and the radiator/grill at the front smashed in with the headlights smashed to. Guy driving the mini was shaken up alot as i was quite calm but still a bit shaken (god knows how, adrenaline kicked in) we swapped details etc and i got on my way as my car still ran fine.

Phoned my insurance straight away (Direct Line) and they sorted me out instantly, said it will be an easy claim and the guy had insurance etc, so hopefully it'll all be ok, got a garage from Havant coming to pick my car up soon to fix it and i get a hire car for the time being. Not sure whats going to happen with my bumper, i dont want a plain bumper back would ideally want my CDX/Irmscher one back, but i suppose i haven't got a choice really.

At least i have a crash/shunt out of the way so now i've filled my quota hopefully i'll never have anymore!

Will try n put pics up tonight/tomorrow when i get home.

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by AdZ9]

[Edited on 26-02-2008 by AdZ9]
johnhara1

24th Jan 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your neck not sore

John

24th Jan 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have let him phone his insurance and not went near yours, your insurance will go up now as you've had a claim.
John

24th Jan 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Is your neck not sore

Absolute wankers, the problems this causes because of fanny's like you, when you claim that the police have to get involved and do the other guy for at least careless driving because some tosser is claiming injury.
johnhara1

24th Jan 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Is your neck not sore

Absolute wankers, the problems this causes because of fanny's like you, when you claim that the police have to get involved and do the other guy for at least careless driving because some tosser is claiming injury.

no they dont get done for careless driving you plank.

John

24th Jan 08 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do you plank, have seen it happen, when somebody claims injury it's a criminal case and not a civil one.
AdamF
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts on the a27 was it mate?
loo_goblin

24th Jan 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you acted very well considering first accident, i was useless after ahving my first accident after 4 years of driving, women pulled out in front of me and it was tiny bit of contact but i couldnt work my brain at all after it
AdZ9

24th Jan 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to let my insurance company know.... im not claiming i was informing them and the guy on the phone even said "oh this is going to be an easy one for us" as he went into the back of me and as i didn't hit anyone it shows i had enough room so its 100% his fault.

If i had left it whose to say he wouldn't ring his company?
johnhara1

24th Jan 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look John, just because theres a whiplash claim doesnt mean the police have to get involved and it certainly doesnt guarantee the guy at fault gets done for careless driving.

That would only happen if it was a serious accident where emergency services are needed i.e. if the road had to be closed and police were needed. Only then would tests be carried out to see who had done what.

In this case, it was a minor accident. Details were exchanged at scene. No police involved.

If Adz develops whiplash it's all dealt with by the insurers.

John

24th Jan 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chance you would need to take I suppose, i'd be very surprised if you don't have to put down you had a claim, even if it happens to be non fault.
Edd

quote:
Should have let him phone his insurance and not went near yours, your insurance will go up now as you've had a claim.

no it wont
AdZ9

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
you acted very well considering first accident, i was useless after ahving my first accident after 4 years of driving, women pulled out in front of me and it was tiny bit of contact but i couldnt work my brain at all after it

Yeh i was surprised how i acted, was all ok though he was really shaken up but had the other guys there with him.

AdamF: Its going towards Portsmouth mate, just outside by Chichester
Edd

24th Jan 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Is your neck not sore

no they dont, i have an ongoing personal injury claim and the police have been nowhere near me

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Edd]
John

24th Jan 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm telling you from experience a couple of weeks ago that even in a minor accident the one going into the back gets done for careless driving, especially annoying when it's obvious the arse infront is only trying to make a couple of k, causes a lot of hassle for the person going into the back whether it doesn't cost them money directly or not.
Edd

24th Jan 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john i have been hit in the back and have hit someone in the back both resulting in claims i havent been done for careless driving nor did the other party

in your case there may have been other circumstances
AdZ9

24th Jan 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't claim any whiplash or anything unless i actually have it, at the moment i have a headache and thats all
johnhara1

24th Jan 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Werent you after a new car anyway Adz?

This may be the perfect oppertunity to change.
AdZ9

24th Jan 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh mate, i was just starting to prep the car to sell, sods law ay its like the car knew i was going to sell it

Brightside is i got it out of the way in this car and not in a new one
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about the smash dude! Looks like a Personal Injury claim will be easy

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm telling you from experience a couple of weeks ago that even in a minor accident the one going into the back gets done for careless driving, especially annoying when it's obvious the arse infront is only trying to make a couple of k, causes a lot of hassle for the person going into the back whether it doesn't cost them money directly or not.

So were you driving carelessly then? That seems like a load of crap to me.

A couple of my mates have had injury claims against them and not heard a peep from the police. People in my office have stuffed a couple of cars at lights etc, A mate went up the back of someone in traffic too. All have never been approached for that.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jules

24th Jan 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AdZ, first of all, sorry to hear about your accident and glad you, and everyone else involved, wasn't seriously hurt.
As for your bumper dilemma, speak to the bodyshop and your insurance - if the bumper was declared on your policy and it has to be replaced then it should be replaced with the same item.
You will obviously need to inform the bodyshop of this, if it's the case, as the bodyshop will just order the standard bumper for your make and model otherwise but they'll happily order whatever you want aslong as you 9or your insurance company) are happy to cover the cost.
This is what happened when someone hit my Coupe before xmas and I got a GSi one put on instead of the standard one - I just paid the difference in the cost of the part as they had to spray and fit a bumper anyway so it didn't matter to them if it was a Coupe one or a GSi one.
WU-TANG- DAN

24th Jan 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done for acting properly, not losing your temper or anything!.
barter

24th Jan 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for your motor mate but at least every ones ok,and john im sorry i agree with everyone else about claiming i hit a car up the arse and they claimed which i didnt have a problem with cause id do the same and ive not herd from the police yet.and that was 3years ago.
Paul_J

24th Jan 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John you are spouting such crap in this thread. ok you may of had experience of one thing... but ...

Fact. You can claim wiplash (for example if you ACTUALLY Have it) and the other driver doesn't get arrested for careless driving

Fact 2: If you tell your insurance about the accident but you are not liable, your insurance will not rise AT ALL.

obviously dependant on insurers etc. but those are 2 facts. In your case it may of been different, but let Adz find out, as he's done the right things so far imo.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead* 23 database queries in 0.0277879 seconds