corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie backs Benitez! Cosmo, gayer etc....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fergie backs Benitez! Cosmo, gayer etc....
Marc

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex Ferguson says Liverpool’s American owners lack class for undermining Kop boss Rafa Benitez. Manchester United chief Fergie said: “At big clubs it is paramount that the board shows its class. Big clubs should be seen to be big clubs.” Yanks Tom Hicks and George Gillett approached Jurgen Klinsmann about taking Benitez’s job. And Ferguson added: “That was a bad piece of business on Liverpool’s part, no doubt about that. That sort of thing can be very upsetting for a manager. In a moment like that, Rafa must feel very alone.”

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Marc]
Jill
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Alex Ferguson says Liverpool’s American owners lack class for undermining Kop boss Rafa Benitez. Manchester United chief Fergie said: “At big clubs it is paramount that the board shows its class. Big clubs should be seen to be big clubs.” Yanks Tom Hicks and George Gillett approached Jurgen Klinsmann about taking Benitez’s job. And Ferguson added: “That was a bad piece of business on Liverpool’s part, no doubt about that. That sort of thing can be very upsetting for a manager. In a moment like that, Rafa must feel very alone.”

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Marc]

But I bet he'll never walk alone....

JILL
Robbo

24th Jan 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just about to make the same joke
Shelly
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't Jurgen Klinsmann taking over as manager at Bayern Munich in July?!

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Shelly]
Hammer

24th Jan 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is yes.

Good old Fergie with the patronising mind games again
Jill
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Great minds think alike and all that Robinho (cheers for my wall message earlier btw )

JILL
Shelly
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he should leave Liverpool alone then.
Hammer

24th Jan 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpools owners approached Klinsmann previous to any Bayern contract being signed.
Robbo

24th Jan 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Great minds think alike and all that Robinho (cheers for my wall message earlier btw )

JILL
Np
Tom

24th Jan 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play, don't actually think it will make the blindest bit of difference either way (if it's genuine backing or mind games ).

It's just a shame alot of our players are playing shite at this time
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he must feel really alone with those 40,000 people singing his name very match and protesting on his behalf

Still, I doubt Fergie meant this, but it could go in Rafa's favour with the owners if they see another top manager backing him.
Hammer

24th Jan 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Big clubs should be seen to be big clubs.'

Thats a definite dig imo.

'That sort of thing can be very upsetting for a manager. In a moment like that, Rafa must feel very alone.'

Don't know if it's just me but you can picture the tone he'd have had with that sentence, extremely condescending.
Marc

24th Jan 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever way he meant it, he has a point!
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course he has a point, the club is being dragged through the mud at the moment and it certainly has never been the 'Liverpool Way' to do things.

Its an obvious dig, no one in their right mind would think otherwise, but may still go some way to help Rafa in the eyes of clueless Hicks.
Hammer

24th Jan 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What ever way he meant it, he has a point!

I think everyone got what he's trying to insinuate whenever the yanks went behind Rafa's back and contacted another manager, it's what his personal agenda behind mentioning it just now!
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
it's what his personal agenda behind mentioning it just now!

Its because he is a cunt, much the same as Wenger, and cant keep their mouths shut about other clubs.

Wenger said about Everton the other day and Fergie has done this. Both cunts.
Jules S
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
it's what his personal agenda behind mentioning it just now!

Its because he is a cunt, much the same as Wenger, and cant keep their mouths shut about other clubs.

Wenger said about Everton the other day and Fergie has done this. Both cunts.

True,

But the media ask the questions....I dont doubt the same comments would be made if the tables were turned
Marc

24th Jan 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, the media push for the comments made.
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
True,

But the media ask the questions....I dont doubt the same comments would be made if the tables were turned

Where did he make the comments? Im not sure if it was in a Q&A session or something else.

I dont think Rafa really makes comments on other teams, he does tend to say he is only focused on his team and the next game a hell of a lot. The only time I recall is when Mourinho was chatting shit and Rafa mentioned something about maybe he should concentrate on his own problems rather than on ours.

I may be wrong though or missed some comments?!
Marc

24th Jan 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he does tend to say he is only focused on his team and the next game a hell of a lot.

LOLZ
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
he does tend to say he is only focused on his team and the next game a hell of a lot.

LOLZ

I nearly said the exact quote that he said 23 or so times
Jules S
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where did he make the comments? Im not sure if it was in a Q&A session or something else.
?!

Well I doubt Fergie made an independant statement slagging off the Liverpool owners...not his style IMO.

Morelike a general press call where the last couple of questions were about the 'opposition'

Nice header in the African Nations by the striker ManU have supposedly signed springs to mind...
Cosmo

24th Jan 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
?!

Well I doubt Fergie made an independant statement slagging off the Liverpool owners...not his style IMO.

Not his tyle....GTF Fergie is the master of mind games...christ he sent Keegan mental with his Jedi-esqe mind games!!

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Cosmo]
Marc

24th Jan 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules S
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
?!

Not his tyle....GTF Fergie is the master of mind games...christ he sent Keegan mental with his Jedi-esqe mind games!!

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by Cosmo]

I dont disagree with that....but that was winding up Keegan about his managerial skills and the NewC team.

I dont recall Fergie ever making comments about owners before though (glass houses and all that)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fergie backs Benitez! Cosmo, gayer etc.... 23 database queries in 0.0162020 seconds