corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Radio wont switch OFF?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radio wont switch OFF?
Bufton

User status: Offline
17th Feb 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I installed an Alpine CDA-9812RB into my 1.2 sxi Corsa.

I plugged all the connecters in and the arial, but now when i take the key out of my ignition, it wont switch off unlike it did with the standard corsa radio.

Any solutions?

Cheers
chrex

17th Feb 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is the car?? I have got this problem in my corsa b...its the ignition switch. Needs replacing so although everything else in the car switches off...the stereo doesnt and i have to do it myself...
Bufton

17th Feb 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a T reg, 1999.

How much is the ignition switch to replace? Any specific kind you need to get??
craig_s

17th Feb 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the lead that goes form the stereo to the connector block in the corsa there should be an orange wire and a red wire.they should be joined half way by bullet connectors.switch them round i.e. if the red is going to the red put the red to the orange if that makes sense.sound like the ignition live and the permanent live are the wrong way round.
chrex

17th Feb 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the stereo will still switch off if they the wrong way...just wont hold memory.

Ignition swtich is less than a tenner. You'll need the late spec one wit the immobiliser ring on it. Vauxhall will know which one! Not hard to replace either!

[Edited on 17-02-2008 by chrex]
luke85

17th Feb 08 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
on the lead that goes form the stereo to the connector block in the corsa there should be an orange wire and a red wire.they should be joined half way by bullet connectors.switch them round i.e. if the red is going to the red put the red to the orange if that makes sense.sound like the ignition live and the permanent live are the wrong way round.

Thats close but Id guess the yellow and red of the stereo are joined together and both go to the permanent live in the car. Take the stereo out and have a look
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Feb 08 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's set on permanent live Join Red/Yellow and Yellow/Red

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
craig_s

17th Feb 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i meant yellow and red.

New Poll