corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think im getting old :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think im getting old :(
Fear

User status: Offline
18th Feb 08 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because i just dont think i can live with a modified car anymore

I sold my MK4 Astra GSi Turbo back in June/July as it was costing to much to run and i felt like i wanted something more exciting!

So i went out and got a Ph2 172, and have to admit i loved it it was exactly what i was after, fun but also had some of the luxuries!

The only problem was i kept reading on here how the Ph1 was better and how much better with a few mods they got!

Which they lead to the purchase of my Ph1, which came running 208bhp, big brakes, coilovers etc!

But now after living with it for a month or so i just dont know if its truely what i want anymore!

The exhaust it came with was rediculously loud, so had a prospeed exhaust done as quiet as they could make it really and its still too loud for my liking! And the coilovers make for a bumpy ride at times! And i knew to expect all this as had similar on previous cars but i just dont think i want to put up with the cons of mods for the sake of that extra bit or fun or speed!

And i think how the hell do people live with track specced cars as daily drivers!

So am i getting old or is it something that happens to us all
flybikeslee

18th Feb 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you?
SVM 286

18th Feb 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fear

18th Feb 08 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know not old, but i just dont enjoy the bumps and loudness anymore, and its hard to take the missus and family out in the car as its too loud and bumpy for them, yeh ok its my car so it shouldnt matter but im sometimes needed for getting my nieces and nephew about!
flybikeslee

18th Feb 08 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your next investment

mattyross

18th Feb 08 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's ok mate.

i am 20 years of age and modified cars annoy me even now
purpose track cars on the other hand..
Skylined

18th Feb 08 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've discovered this and i'm 19

Gone off lowering as i prefer the comfy ride of my astra and not having to plan my route to avoid speed bumps
Colin

18th Feb 08 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think I could live with a loud stripped car. I like a bit of pace with some luxuries. In saying that I quite fancy a Focus RS next but it would have to be a standard one....no exhausts or engine mods

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by Colin]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Feb 08 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I'm there mate but fortunate that I still have the Corsa which is still fun if I don't have to use it. I think it would get too much every day though.

Biggest thing for me was that lowered bumpy cars are no good for passengers and I used to spend the journey feeling silly.
WU-TANG- DAN

18th Feb 08 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive turned old at the tender age of 17

Lexus's for me, as they come from the factory.
Colin

18th Feb 08 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Biggest thing for me was that lowered bumpy cars are no good for passengers and I used to spend the journey feeling silly.

I with you there, fitted 18's & coilovers to my golf, it looks sweet but its mighty bumpy. The guy I run into work cant understand why I spent £1000 to make my car have the road feel of a roller coster

I wish id bought an Anni golf & kept it standard

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by Colin]
Ian W

18th Feb 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to enjoy driving my XE corsa when I was on my own and out for a drive but carrying passengers and pulling into work / at the pub / the shops made me feel quite embarrassed tbh

Small car, loud exhaust says boy racer no matter what car it is IMO
Fear

18th Feb 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to be able to run and store a 2nd "fun" aswell but couldnt!

Glad its not just me then!
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell the clio, get something 'sensible' and buy a cheap little toy like a 205 or 106 rallye n turn it into a proper track slag.
Fear

18th Feb 08 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havnt got anywhere to store a 2nd car right now though

Think im gonna have to sell the clio tho as much as i love it when im driving it on good roads on my own etc, but in traffic or with passengers its just abit too much really
Paul_J

Erm... the obvious mate... Get a 2nd car ??

My car's capable of being good on track, but before I go mental (if I ever do) with track speccing it, i.e. complete strippage, cage, TB's etc... I'd be looking for a nice comfortable, economical car for every day use

I can't believe you've only just started feeling this way?

Keep the clio for track days (I assume you do them, otherwise what's the point of track speccing your car?) - and get something sensible for the daily commute.
Paul_J

I was soooo slow posting that reply oops.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Feb 08 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much you can live with the passengers thing. I never ever felt like that alone on the right road.
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
I used to enjoy driving my XE corsa when I was on my own and out for a drive but carrying passengers and pulling into work / at the pub / the shops made me feel quite embarrassed tbh

Small car, loud exhaust says boy racer no matter what car it is IMO

EXACTLY!!!

2nd car is the option imo... or buy something like S3 for best of both. But at the end of the day if you take your car on track, you'll never be able to find a compromise... you either have it ready for the track and put up with the annoyances driving it on the road, or have it nice on the road and Shite on the track.

2 cars solves this.
mattyross

18th Feb 08 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sleep on it for a few times
GT190

18th Feb 08 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loud exhaust is fine if its a fast car
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you do track days with the clio fear?

If no, then it's not worth having it really... Get something like a S3, comfortable, but good handling and quick at the same time

Only worth having a tracked up car if you use it on track imo.

u2u me a price for your car / spec.
Colin

18th Feb 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 cars isnt for everyone, I know I couldnt afford to run 2, 2x insurance, tax, mot, repairs etc Also tbh id rather 1 decent motor than 2 lesser ones.
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GT190
loud exhaust is fine if its a fast car

Yeh but non car people won't know it's a fast car or care.

It's like me last year at my work. In my suit, shirt tie etc... driving a 106 with a loud exhaust and bumpy old suspension... looked like a complete twat.

People going 'Wtf why is your car so loud' ... Don't even try explaining the actual reasons about removing restriction etc, as they'll just snore or say it's not worth it for the noise.

don't get a fun 2nd car, just get something like a 'Old' A3 Tdi, or Golf Tdi. £3k car.
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
2 cars isnt for everyone, I know I couldnt afford to run 2, 2x insurance, tax, mot, repairs etc Also tbh id rather 1 decent motor than 2 lesser ones.

But that's why I'm asking him if he actually tracks the clio. IF he doesn't then it wasn't really worth uprating the suspension etc to the level it has. If he doesn't track the clio he should just sell it anyway and get something more comfortable.

That car deserves to be taken on track.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think im getting old :( 22 database queries in 0.1429970 seconds