corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEED HELP PLEASE!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED HELP PLEASE!
rich@ukmodded

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i popped my boot last night but didnt hold the boot before popping, then it wouldnt open anymore, made a little sound but never moved, i was told it could have been the solenoid, so stripped the boot, saw the solenoid arm, pressed the button and it moved about 2mm, later on i noticed the HOOK was not connected the the HOOP on the solenoid, soooo put the hook back on, pressed the button WHAM the solenoid moved all the way down BUT the HOOK keeps coming out the hoop, does anyone know anything about how i can fix this??
someone suggested insolation tape (but i have duck tape was its stronger)

sorry for the long as message, but its easier to understand if you get it from the start.

cheers.
mattievRS

19th Feb 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bend the hook closed round the hoop!

[Edited on 19-02-2008 by m17tty]
rich@ukmodded

19th Feb 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i thought it could do, but the guy i bought the car off said it was a plastic hook??? but it felt very much like metal to me lol
Richardhhha

19th Feb 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try bending it gently. If its metal it will bend! Also could try getting a new rod, or a few cable tie's should do the trick!
rich@ukmodded

19th Feb 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new rod? the solenoid i believe is fine, i THINK it's just the hook, as it keeps coming out, cable ties would be a good idea but its really hard to get one hand in let alone two, plus i cant even see as its a small gap lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEED HELP PLEASE! 23 database queries in 0.0095711 seconds