corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice and suggestions please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice and suggestions please
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
4th Mar 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all.

At the moment i drive a 97 X14XE.

In the next few months im going to be sorting out the interior and exterior but after that i'm going to be turning to the engine then.

I got two options open to me.

1: Tune the current engine which i know is good for 130BHP as i know someone on here has a 1.4 with that kicking out.

or

2: Put in a X16XE and tune that up then having a bigger capacity and more potential.

Personally, id say a 1.4 tuned upto 130BHP for example would be abit more expensive to achieve than tuning the X16XE to 130BHP but having the X14XE at that is abit more of a wow factor id imagine.

But if i went with the X16XE conversion then, i'd have the grief then of finding the engine and everything else, and then getting it fitted. Cause personally, if was going for the X16XE, id need help getting it fitted as i don't have the knowledge or equipment or space to handle such a task.

So theres my thoughts at the moment.

Im not looking for mega figure's which is why im not personally fussed in having a redtop but at the moment im keeping my options open.

Hope anyone can shed some light!

Cheers all
DAZ1985

4th Mar 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats your budget?

personally id drop a x16xe in cause your better off for starters
swill_omnibus

4th Mar 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say easily £1000 to £1500 engine wise to for example, obtain engine and get it fitted and service it and replace any unexpected problems from there. Then any left overs will be put into the component upgrades then.

Would ideally do it in stages anyway eg induction (BMC?) , leads and sparks to start, then work from there then obtaining advice and recommendations along the way like.

[Edited on 04-03-2008 by swill_omnibus]
DAZ1985

4th Mar 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x16xe and tuning well within that budget
swill_omnibus

4th Mar 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a decent budget you think?

Think the current one there will be just to get it installed and serviced and replacement of parts if necessary, will increase as months progress due to paydays! But that's a good figure as a starting budget.

Richie B

4th Mar 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless your car is done in a way in which you can't really change it, then I'd sell it and buy a GSi or Sport and work off that. I did the x16xe way and if I did it again I'd just buy one to start with lol.
swill_omnibus

4th Mar 08 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose that would be the best way, the only thing id have against it is that i already have an exhaust system from long life which is duplex and cost in the region of £400-500 and the shocks and springs that are on there, and the bonnet mould too. And have got bucket seats to complement the white sceme that is going to go on!

Other than that, their the only things keeping me tied to this car really, but seemings i know the car i would rather replace engine but that is another option to consider i suppose. Just better think what way round i should do it really as i need the body and interior sorted soon lol

swill_omnibus

5th Mar 08 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the condition the car is in at the moment, im unsure if it would sell well either :s

New Poll