corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa turbo help update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa turbo help update
craig_s

User status: Offline
   23rd Mar 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just gone and started up my corsa turbo(c20let)for the first time and ive got a couple of problems.

1)idling a bit rough cutting out now and a gain.and when you press the accelerator pedal it splutter's and starts to die.
2)idling low trying to use the throttle to keep it running makes no difference.
3)i was told to plug the reverse boost cut plug into the gear box then join the wires for my reverse light to them.now my reverse light is staying on?can i just join the wires?

and help much appreciated.im using an f20 box btw

[Edited on 24-03-2008 by craig_s]
luke85

23rd Mar 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youve joined the wrong 2 wires for the grearbox, you should join the 2 wires for the first gear switch because ther isnt a connector for it on the F20 gearbox.

For the poor running it sounds like an air leak or air flow meter problem. Unplug the AFM and see if it runs better, If it does then have a real good look at all the boost pipes and vacuum pipes. If you still cant see any problem then borrow an AFM if you can and try that
TomSBD

23rd Mar 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unpulg the afm then take the big inlet hose off the turbo and also the small breather pipe that goes to the rocker cover. now start the engine and block off both the inlets off. if the engine doesnt stall you have a leak and you should be able to hear is easier with them both blockd off
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i unplugged the afm earlier and it just dies.ive disconnected the reverse and 1st gear switches now.seems to be idling better as it get's warmer and sometimes i'm able to use the throttle to keep it running then othertimes it just dies down.aslo noticed when i start it up the dump valve opens and it idles ok then as the rev's drop it closes and get's worse is this normal?
luke85

23rd Mar 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the twin piston dump valve its normal to see it move inside but it doesnt really "open" is it sucking air in through it? best to do what Tom said and see if you can find an air leak

You did unplug the AFM before you turned the ignition on and started it didnt you? it should start up without it connected

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by luke85]
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't sound like it.when i open the throttle the boost guage won't even show +boost and sometimes it won't even rev if you open the throttle.the dump valve will move up and down when i rev it but it don't sound like it's actually dumping anything

no i unplugged it while it was running.i was told that if the engine dies when you unplug the afm it means that it's ok??

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by craig_s]
luke85

23rd Mar 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine will start and run fine with no AFM connected, I drove mine for 2 months without it connected while I found a new one. An unloaded engine wont make much boost just by revving it so thats probably why it doesnt go into + pressure but again this might be beacuse of an air leak

Edit: we arent saying you AFM is necesarily faulty, just disconnecting it and covering the air intake can help decided if you have an air leak

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by luke85]
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i will go and try that now and see what happens'

tried that but it won't stay running with the pipes off it just keeps dying.

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by craig_s]
TomSBD

23rd Mar 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will not make + boost unless put it under load, well not unless you rev the bollocks off it

i would check all earths, specially the ones near the fuel rail. have you wired in the ecu light??
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked all earths theres 3 iirc on the fuel rail.

ecu light is wired in and working but no fault codes showing.

any other idea's?
craig_s

24th Mar 08 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update

found the vacum pipe that goes to the ecu had a small split in it.also found it was full of oil.any idea's why this is?

also noticed the boost guage needle flickers as it's moving

New Poll