corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fittine GTE Digital Dash Into a Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fittine GTE Digital Dash Into a Corsa B
mcswfc

User status: Offline
30th Mar 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone move me this into the tutorials please its a write up on fitting the digi dash
mcswfc

User status: Offline
30th Mar 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this is my first Write up so you have to bear with me on it here....

Try to give yourself a weekend at it make sure you are ready for the little task ahead of you lol

Tools: what ever you can get a hold of to help you mess everything up lol jk
:screw drivers + star driver
:Jr hack-saw + Dremmel if you have one and your lazy like me ha
:fiberglass kit + filler
:glue gun if wanted but not needed
:bullet connectors and crimps makes it alot easier to connect all the wires
:Sand paper + Paint plastic primer + colour you would like the dash.

first of all you need to take your old clocks out... once out your left with you empty dash with you dash plug and a black plastic backing remove the plug and cut the back plastic backing away....

thats what you should be left with..
now you need to cut away the clips that hold the top of the dash surround just to help ad the fitting of the dash when it comes to putting it in...

now i think its time to get your Digi dash re-molded to fit into the corsa b dash... not many photos but you can get the idea i'll put the way i did mine and i'll pop some other pics up of the better way but i was abit short on things lol here goes..

first of all you need to take the digi dash apart i'll find the link to show you have to do that but its really common sense.. make sure you remember how it goes back together lol. once apart you need to cut some of the front away of the digi dash to make it flat your startin to cut half way for the dash to the bottom to take away the slope fro mthe dash this will make it fit when it comes to fitting it lol. the take you old dials apart and you need the face of the dials with bit with all the rings in and your dash icons. vut all the rings out well all the plasic backing from it thats so you can mold it to the digi dash. and it should look somink like this...

i just used the glue gun but heres the other way a member did it....

i just used glue to hole it then i just used filler as i didn't have any fiberglass left witch i thought i did but here it is mine and the other members pics ready to me paints remember once you have fiberglassed it will need filling then sanding...

once filled and sanded its ready for painting remember when it has been plastic primed it will bring out all the places that hasn't been sanded down right so you can then go back to the sanding to make it right. i didin't as i just wanted to get it fitted as i was at it 5days lol but i'm gonna finished mine when i get back around to it.... here it is....

thats all primed up ready for me to spray... i did alittle impervising to make it look abit smoother lol but here is it sprayed up to the colour i wanted it...

now its time to fit it all back together now remember how it all fitted back together lol. once its all back together it should look something like this..

and remember when fitting it back together don't slip with the screw driver cos it hurts as i found out lol

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

now its time for the fun part the wiring cut you old dash plug off and if you can pull all the wires from the back of the dash down to you fuse box and out there will make it alot better for pulling the wires together to the digi loom then all you will need to do once all the wires are together id feed it back into the dash... heres the wiring for the GTE loom to the corsa loom i've added another wire in for the lights icon on the digi... for the indicators you need to take the need for the digi from the back of the stork this is the black with breen trace and you miss the first black with white trace and connect to the next black with white trace thats for your left and right indicator lights.

heres how i did mine before i did all the re-molding lol all the wires going up on the outside of the dash lol

once you got the dash to all work its time to feed the cables but into the dash then fit it you will have alittle bit of messing about but it will go.. thats why you cut the tabs of the surround so it will make it abit easier to it once its fitted should look something like this....

now heres the proper way it should look if you have taken you time and used the proper stuff lol

I hope that this will help you fit your GTE Digital Dash if you need anymore help then let me know or just ask in the forums i'm sure there is other people that will not mind giving you some info on it.

New Poll