corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A couple of questions. Help & Advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A couple of questions. Help & Advice needed
Mitchell

User status: Offline
31st Mar 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm converting my 1.2 corsa to an XE for the track.

Firstly for the driveshafts I was told to buy Cavalier Mk2 1600 inner cv joints and fit them to my shafts. I did this but the splines in the CV joint and the splines on the shaft don't seem to be mating properly. They fit together but the shaft turns in the joint. Are these the correct CV joints as I've also been told about the 1800 Cavalier CV joints or are these both one and the same? Or is it the shafts that are wrong?

Secondly when I went to connect up the gear linkage it seemed to be hitting off of the steering rack when I was trying to put it into some of the gears. I'm using the old gear linkage from the Corsa. Once again is this ok to be used and I have just not set up the linkage properly, and if not what is the best way of setting up the gear linkage, or does it have to be replaced with another gear linkage?

Any help with these would be greatly appreicated as I'm stuck for answers?

Thanks
Mitch.
jr

31st Mar 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ou might be better asking in help zone on this mate, only as its genric xe conversion questions, and not soley track stuff
lee mitchell

31st Mar 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need 1.6 corsa shafts to fit the 1.6 cav ineer joints and u need to straighten out part of the linkage to stop it fouling the rack
B3KAN

31st Mar 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa 1600, 22 spline shafts are needed with 1600 mk2 cavvy inners

New Poll