corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot Problem
Neon

User status: Offline
11th Apr 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering if someone could give me advice. Ever since I installed my 6x9's in my parcel shelf my boot wont close properly, the parcel shelf lowers too quickly because of the weight of the speakers and wedges between the door.

Anyone know a way of resolving this?
fazza

11th Apr 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the shelf is sat right mate. are you using the rubber bits that hold the shelf to the boot as it opens?
Ricky352

11th Apr 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it may just be postioned wrong. I had 6X9's and my shelf never did this
Neon

11th Apr 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsi16vplym
check the shelf is sat right mate. are you using the rubber bits that hold the shelf to the boot as it opens?

Yes, but the bungee has worn out on them. Also, it's the bump on the inside of the boot that the shelf clashes with.

- Cheers
Neon

11th Apr 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help
Haimsey
Premium Member

11th Apr 08 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not just shorten the string bits ? So as it doesnt go down as far. Dont know if it would work but you know

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
16V_1600

11th Apr 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a parcel shelf with 6x9s fitted and it closes fine. Can't see how the fitting of speakers would stop the boot closing.
Torsa g

11th Apr 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try getting ur rear seats and moving them forward one notch , ive had to do this on my cali seats, just a sugestion, it lets the parcel shelf sit further back
Neon

11th Apr 08 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16V_1600
I have a parcel shelf with 6x9s fitted and it closes fine. Can't see how the fitting of speakers would stop the boot closing.

It's the weight of the speakers. Causes the strings to be really stretched.

New Poll