corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Golf GTI 25th Anniversary Edition... Progress so far (56k Warning)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Golf GTI 25th Anniversary Edition... Progress so far (56k Warning)
Robbo

User status: Offline
   16th Apr 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, had her around 6 weeks now... and finally... here she is!!!

At the GTI Spring Festival at Santa Pod

And my favourite

All photos can be found here – http://public.fotki.com/RobboSRi/cars/

Only mod done prior to purchase was the drivers door handle being delocked... and that was cocked up Paint was wrong and the door handle got marked... that's getting redone in a few weeks though.

First job was to remove the manky tax disc holder and several annoying service reminders dotted around the interior... picked up a new tax disc holder from my local VW dealer as well.

I then removed the rear GOLF badge to smarten the rear up, was fairly easy enough

Next job was to replace the front and rear wipers with Mk V 'Aero' jobbies... looks soooooooo much more modern and clean.

Also fitted SilverVision front indicators, again, looks so much cleaner! Also got bright new headlight bulbs as I have trouble seeing in the dark and the std yellow Anni bulbs aren't great... unfortunately I had to take it to the garage to get fitted as they are so bloody awkward

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16782&cat=256&page=1

Had Autoglass out the other week to replace my windscreen due to excessive cracking caused by stone chips and they very kindly did this for me for free...

Local VW garage are sending me a quote to repair and Autoglass are paying Was a bitch to get them to agree to pay!

Had some VAG-com work done last weekend at Santa Pod, auto-lock doors and an alarm chirrup which I think sounds ace! I’m off to Hemel Hempstead on Sunday to get some VAG-Tacho work done by a guy from UK-MkIV’s.net as well – illuminated needles, fuel range/miles to empty, auto-windows and get cruise control enabled

She’s booked into a place near Leicester for sometime in May to have her tints done, a very light smoke all round... nothing too dark

In the next month the car is due her 60k/6 year service (although she’s only done 46k!) along with tax

She will also hopefully be making a visit to jr’s Audi garage in Kent soon to have several things done

The current (ever growing!!) to do list is:

- Cambelt change
- Handbrake needs tightening
- Drivers door needs reseating slightly (thanks again Autoglass )
- Door control module may need replacing as I have no audible lights warning (which caused me a flat battery a few weeks back ) and my door locks are a bit crazy... fecking car!!!
- I have a fault code that needs double checking
- Green Cotton panel filter to fit
- Cruise control to fit – http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Bora-1-8T-1-4-1-6-16v-Retrofit-Cruise-Control_W0QQitemZ320239514916QQihZ011QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- R32/Bora illuminated air vents to fit (for which Broster is very kindly making up a custom loom for me ) – http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/R32_Flush_Closing_Dashboard_Vents-2323-238.html
- 3 click indicators to fit – http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/Genuine_3_Click_Indicator_Retro_Fit_Kit-2247-238.html
- Secure new CD player cage as it is rattling loudly

Hopefully jr’s garage will be able to sort that little lot I have set aside £400 to do the lot

I'm also on the look-out for a nice aerial... I quite like the S2000 style stubby ones but ideally I'd like to re-position the aerial to the headlining and fit a Mk V Sat-Nav shark fin aerial

After that... well, depending on my personal circumstances then I may start to spend a bit more but unlikely to be until next year as she will need new tyres come the end of Summer and I need to keep saving toward a house deposit

On the cards are Leon Cupra R Brembo brake conversion (straight swap apparently!), have something done to the alloys... either diamond cut or re-chromed in a (more durable) finish to match the originals! Also, the rear passenger wheel has a little corrosion and the previous owners bird kerbed the front passenger side He has put something on to protect it though so doesn't look tooooo bad, Milltek discreet full system... releases approx. 7bhp and gives a bit more of a roar at high revs... nice and discreet at low revs though Possibly a remap, Forge 007P Distributor Valve (Re-circ DV basically), Turbo Intake Pipe and maybe some red Samco hoses Generally tidy up the engine bay as well, maybe some other nice little goodies

If I decide to keep her for even longer then I would also like to do some tidying... new gear lever knob, new steering wheel and maybe even a full re-spray... all unlikely though

Also, if I ever find it, then my dream plate of R7 BBO will be purchased and fitted too

Although any Rxx BBO would do to be honest, none around though

PS I absolutely love her!! She’s pretty quick considering its only 180-190bhp and she gets SO many looks because she’s so clean and striking!! Pretty low too

[Edited on 17-04-2008 by Robbo]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VW Golf GTI 25th Anniversary Edition... Progress so far (56k Warning) 23 database queries in 0.0095201 seconds