corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting cd player to a corsa 1.2 5dr 1994

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting cd player to a corsa 1.2 5dr 1994
fiestazetecs

User status: Offline
1st May 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys i am putting in a post on behalf of my m8. She has just got a corsa 1.2 5dr 1994. I have fitted a goodmans cd player into the car and it is working fine. Her other m8 who has just been out in her car with her noticed that the clock wasnt working as she has the same car. She said it is something to do with the cd player connections at the back.

Could i please have abit of advice as i dont know anything about corsa's as i have a fiesta.

Many thanks from tom
B3KAN

1st May 08 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clock or the bit in the middle that shows the date and radio settings? The clock should still work but iff you fit an aftermarket stereo then the date wont show or the radio settings
fiestazetecs

1st May 08 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bit that is either above the heater vents or below it. just totally black i did notice when i connected the cd player the plug on the car is rectangular rather than the standard square connector it still connects to a square connector but has an extra piece with pins on but nothing connects to it. and also when you turn the igniton on the cd player doesnt come on u hav to switch it on. i dont no lol i will stick to my fiesta has a built in cd changer.
B3KAN

1st May 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea the display in the middle wont work as it doesnt with aftermarket stereos

Yea thats just the wiring harness you dont conect anything to the spare block

If you want the stereo to come on with the ignition then you need to swap the red and yellow wires over on the wiring harness, they should split so just swap them over and it will come on with the ignition

New Poll