corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wires underneath seat in astra mk4 1.8 sxi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wires underneath seat in astra mk4 1.8 sxi
corsasriboy

User status: Offline
5th May 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it ok to unplug them because i need to remove the seat? it looks like they go into the seat belt socket. i dont want to get round to plugging them back in and finding that it has set off some sort of warning light on the dash, or at worst the airbag! thanks in advance.
Fonz
Premium Member

6th May 08 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing on the seat is attached to the seat belt. i would have thought that the wire your looking at is heated seats but you'd hopefully know about that if it was your car!

take a look at this photo

you can see the seat belt socket remains in place. the loose wire you see there is the power lead to my under seat neons.

12vMatt

6th May 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theres airbags in the seat then its probably for that.
corsasriboy

6th May 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i definately havnt got heated seats! lol. i checked for them after finding the wires though. i was thinking airbags. think i might drop into a vauxhall garage see if them can let me know whether its safe to unplug or not. thanks for your help though fonz and 12vMatt!

New Poll