corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Zenit facts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Zenit facts
Nath

User status: Offline
13th May 08 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They failed to challenge for honours in the Soviet League and should have been relegated in 1967 when they finished bottom of the top division.

However, because that year marked the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution, which had begun in St Petersburg, they were spared relegation. The league simply extended the number of teams in the division instead.

Quality

[Edited on 13-05-2008 by Nath]
Nath

13th May 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wealthy" doesn't quite do Zenit's owners Gazprom justice. The company is the fourth largest in the world, with a market value of $354 billion (£180 billion) in December 2007.

Gazprom is the largest extractor of natural gas in the world, and ranks behind only Saudi Arabia and Iran as the world's biggest owner of oil and oil equivalent in natural gas. If its chairman's predictions are accurate, it will be worth $1 trillion (£510 billion) in 10 years time and be the world's largest corporation.

[Edited on 13-05-2008 by Nath]
Danny P

13th May 08 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF you on about man
Nath

13th May 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rangers opponents. There's a factfile on BBC and I just copied some bits from there. I didn't know much about them.
Hammer

13th May 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number 1 Zenit fact: They are 1 day away from being crowned the UEFA Cup Champions 2008
Nath

13th May 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Number 1 Zenit fact: They are 1 day away from being crowned the UEFA Cup Champions 2008

Danny P

13th May 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Rangers opponents. There's a factfile on BBC and I just copied some bits from there. I didn't know much about them.

Ahhh, thought you'd gone mad and just started posting random facts about them
Hammer

13th May 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Touches wood mightily quick*
Nath

13th May 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Ahhh, thought you'd gone mad and just started posting random facts about them

Boredom
Hammer

13th May 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky have a wee factfile as well;

6: One of Zenit's most famous players, Oleg Salenko, spent six months at Rangers in 1995 after transferring from Valencia for £2.5million. Salenko is best known as the only player to have scored five goals in a World Cup match - against Cameroon in 1994.

10: FC Zenit play their home matches at the Petrovsky stadium, capacity 21,725, which is located on a small island in the Malaya Neva river. The stadium also hosted the Goodwill Games in 1994. They had played their home games at the Kirov Stadium until it was demolished last year to make way for a new stadium.

[Edited on 13-05-2008 by Hammer]
Nath

13th May 08 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New stadium is to hold 60k
Hammer

13th May 08 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammers fact: Their captain Tymoschuk was almost a Celtic player a few seasons ago but the 2 clubs (Shaktar and Celtic) hit a snag when agreeing a fee. He came out and said it in the papers today, possibly to wind up rangers

I'd have loved him as well, great player!

[Edited on 13-05-2008 by Hammer]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Zenit facts 23 database queries in 0.0130880 seconds