corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » **** OFF CHELSEA, ROMAN **** OFF & DIE!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author **** OFF CHELSEA, ROMAN **** OFF & DIE!!!
Robbo

User status: Offline
23rd May 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3600190,00.html

FFS Piss off
Robbo

23rd May 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh our squad consisting of £300m worth of WHINGING SHITE can't win fuck all so lets go and spend another £100m
RyanSxi

23rd May 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me laugh they even though they have spent all that cash, he says they still need to spend big to close the gap with united All that money and still won fuck all
Marc

23rd May 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its funny. They have a bottomless pit of money and they think they just need to spend more cash to win everything.

They don't realise that teams like United and Arsenal have a youth system and players have gelled together, gone out on loan to gain experience and learnt what is expected of them in the League Cup.

Chelsea just have one squad of superstars that play every competition. Just because your team has very expensive big names, doesn't mean they can actually play together as a team.

Hilarious.
Tom

23rd May 08 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, that team was not far away in both competitions. I would suggest it's more an attitude thing that anything. On reflection i'm glad they haven't won anything by throwing money at it.
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
They don't realise that teams like United and Arsenal have a youth system and players have gelled together, gone out on loan to gain experience and learnt what is expected of them in the League Cup.

Which players who have played an active part this season would you be referring to?
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Agreed, that team was not far away in both competitions. I would suggest it's more an attitude thing that anything. On reflection i'm glad they haven't won anything by throwing money at it.

Dont weaken your stance Tom - United won things
Danny P

23rd May 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Which players who have played an active part this season would you be referring to?

Was just thinking the same

EDIT - Wes Brown is the only one that I can think off

[Edited on 23-05-2008 by Danny P]
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Was just thinking the same

EDIT - Wes Brown is the only one that I can think off

Exactly. I mean all credit to Arsenal as they do have a lot of (foreign) players they have brought through. United though?!

[Edited on 23-05-2008 by Cosmo]
Marc

23rd May 08 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nani played a few, 26 Prem, 2 FA Cup, 1 Carling, 10 CL,
Tommy K played a few, 5 in the CL, and 9 in Prem.
Anderson played a few
Pique played 9 Prem games and 3 CL games
Chris Eagles 1 Carling, 4 Prem.

Only Eagles from youth though

[Edited on 23-05-2008 by Marc]
Tom

23rd May 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Dont weaken your stance Tom - United won things

Don't mistake that post for a 'robbo like' affiliation to the mancs

Chris eagles played games that were already won/unimportant didn't he?
Patrick

23rd May 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a Chelsea fan, and I'm glad that Man U won the Premiership as I thought they deserved to win it by being the better team throughout the season. But as for the Champions League, I actually thought Chelsea were the better team and were unlucky not to win.

They have the money so don't see why people slate them for spending. A couple of decent signings and I can see Chelsea doing very well next season. AND if Ronaldo was to leave Man U how much would that open things up?!?!?

Chelsea was not that far off Man U this season, transfers will be vitally important this close season IMO.
Marc

23rd May 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, we didn't win the title until the last day Point taken though
--DAN--

23rd May 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3600190,00.html

FFS Piss off

RobinhoRather have Pennant tbh.
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nani played a few, 26 Prem, 2 FA Cup, 1 Carling, 10 CL,
Tommy K played a few, 5 in the CL, and 9 in Prem.
Anderson played a few
Pique played 9 Prem games and 3 CL games
Chris Eagles 1 Carling, 4 Prem.

Only Eagles from youth though

So you are no better than Chelsea then
Marc

23rd May 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wrote all that before I realised! Slightly better as at least we, and you buy young players whearas Chelsea buy for now.
Danny P

23rd May 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the days of teams producing first team players from academys are sadly long gone.

Chairman want instants success now so are willing to spend £30m on a player who is already proven rather than invest that money into a youngster who will come good in 3/4 years time.
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think the days of teams producing first team players from academys are sadly long gone.

Chairman want instants success now so are willing to spend £30m on a player who is already proven rather than invest that money into a youngster who will come good in 3/4 years time.

I dont think thats true, as if you look at the sort of money Arsenal, and now us, are paying for 15, 16 and 17yr olds then its obvious they are still seeing bringing young kids through as an important role.
RyanSxi

23rd May 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I dont think thats true, as if you look at the sort of money Arsenal, and now us, are paying for 15, 16 and 17yr olds then its obvious they are still seeing bringing young kids through as an important role.

Do many of the little spaniards that rafa keeps buying actually play much first team football though?
Danny P

23rd May 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted you may get a couple of teams who bring through 3/4 players, but the rest of the team will be made up of mainly bought players. IE - Chelsea & UTD.

Marc

23rd May 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats the thing though, they're all French and Spanish!!! I know we've bought a few young foreigners too so we're just as guilty.

Our English youths (United and Liverpool) will never see the Premier League and will be sold to Championship sides.
Tom

23rd May 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:
quote:

Do many of the little spaniards that rafa keeps buying actually play much first team football though?

He hasn't bought many young spanish who haven't appeared actually
Marc

23rd May 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't you sign 9 players in the 2006/07 season?
Tom

23rd May 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok he has (just checked) including a few argentinians but alot of them are coming through as 3/4 are still 17/18 and getting experience in the reserves.

[Edited on 23-05-2008 by Tom]
Cosmo

23rd May 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

Hobbs started a few games earlier this season and has since gone on loan to get more experience. He is English BTW.

Martins has been on the bench as reserve keeper a lot this season, and looks like will go on loan to get first team experience next season. He is English BTW.

Plessis started away at The Emirates and will certainly be involved more next season. He is French BTW.

Insua has been invovled in a few games this season, and will be pushing to start next season. He is Argentinian BTW.

Have plenty of others on the fringe who may or may not get a chance, its a little early in their development (have to remember Rafa has only just got the Acadamy sorted and buying players for 2 yrs). We dont actually have that many Spanish kids.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » **** OFF CHELSEA, ROMAN **** OFF & DIE!!! 23 database queries in 0.0171709 seconds