corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.
*JonnyG*

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys, as you all know fuel price's have gone up so much, Uk Modified Ridez are doing a rolling road block. we need your help

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4071480.ece

if the bikers can do it, then so can we.

Sunday 22nd June - 1pm

Leaving lincoln and head down the A46 to the M1, we shall be blocking all lanes of the M1 heading south and then returning North.

The speed will be 30mph. We have 4 police cars at the front of the Road Block leading the way so no-one can undertake us on the hard shoulder.

There will be NO pratting about, NO stupid behaviour and NO breaking the law. Anyone doing so can and will be reported to the Police. If you have a problem with this then DO NOT bother attending this event.

Please let as many cruises and people as you can know so that we can really make an impact!

** Dont know if this is in right place, please move if needed. **

[Edited on 05-06-2008 by *JonnyG*]
*JonnyG*

5th Jun 08 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also

" right just spoke to the lincolnshire police, they're very kindly going to give us a couple of police cars in front of the rolling road block. So that should help slow it down even more.

The speed will be 40mph(using very little fuel on tick over), we shall be blocking all 3 lanes of the M1 and both lanes of the A46.

The guy at the highways agency said it was a brilliant idea and would cause absolute havoc, good.

During this there will be no rule breaking, anyone doing things that they shouldn't during this can and will be dealt with by the police. And if i see you doing anything stupid i will personally report you! " ( from ukmr forums )
John

5th Jun 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a sunday afternoon and a forum called uk modified riderz, not a chance of it doing anything.
yozzer2008

5th Jun 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*JonnyG*

5th Jun 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, the first idea was to block petrol stations, but instead we shall be doing a rolling road block down the M1. Uk modified are quite well known down here in Lincoln, we are a association with Max Power, and we have been to many shows, we are at Pride of Lincoln every sunday night at 8pm till 10 then a small convoy down to ncp where we all have a chat etc.
WATSON

5th Jun 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
The guy at the highways agency said it was a brilliant idea and would cause absolute havoc,

BOLLOCKS!

Police would never let anyone do this sort of shit
*JonnyG*

5th Jun 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they did the bikers.. and we are allowed 2. we will even have a few coppers in front of us to lead the way.
WATSON

5th Jun 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you trying to tell me that the police is going to allow a good few cars drive down the M1 at 40mph causing tailbacks for miles with no problems?

i really dont think so, that could cause ALOT of problems and could lead to poss crashes
dan-h

5th Jun 08 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
So you trying to tell me that the police is going to allow a good few cars drive down the M1 at 40mph causing tailbacks for miles with no problems?

i really dont think so, that could cause ALOT of problems and could lead to poss crashes

yeah but this is modified ridez yo homeslice cruizin down motorwayz flexin with the big daddies ayeeee
*JonnyG*

5th Jun 08 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't have a choice, all peaceful protests are legal. They could complain that we were driving in convoy so when i rang them i explained what the plan was and because we informed them they have no problem with it all.

Also because the MET police have said that its ok for these to take place they couldn't do us even if the Lincs police wanted to.
dan-h

5th Jun 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool idea i think

wasting fuel driving about to protest against fuel prices
*JonnyG*

5th Jun 08 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your the sort of person, who just accepts what the government do, either come along or don't its simple, also maxpower might be joining us.
dan-h

6th Jun 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

], also maxpower might be joining us.

*JonnyG*

6th Jun 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-h
], also maxpower might be joining us.

ryzer

6th Jun 08 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it going to look like the ali-g film? will you be wearing your camos?
Planty02

6th Jun 08 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sounds like the kind of behaviour that gets modified car owners a bad name to me...nothing good will come of it IMO
Brett
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of idiots.

ryzer

6th Jun 08 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously, ali g cammo

mattyross

6th Jun 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never heard of "uk modified riderz" within lincolnshire over the previous five years- tell me more about the group.
more to the point, i have not seen any collaboration with our local site network.

as previously said, this will give modified car owners a very bad name in the public eye.
fuel duty is here to stay, i for one do not care in the slightest.
*JonnyG*

6th Jun 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was actually posted on the forum.
*JonnyG*

6th Jun 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyross
i have never heard of "uk modified riderz" within lincolnshire over the previous five years- tell me more about the group.
more to the point, i have not seen any collaboration with our local site network.

as previously said, this will give modified car owners a very bad name in the public eye.
fuel duty is here to stay, i for one do not care in the slightest.

http://ukmodifiedrides.co.uk/forum/index.php
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really could work. You'd only need 4 cars.

The law is that the minimum speed on a motorway is 40mph. All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway. How would they prove you're lying? It'd cause absolute havoc doing it on the M25 at rush hour. You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people who know each other well.

Obviously 4 cars would be a minimum, but even that would take ages to move... Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by SRi Luke]
mattyross

6th Jun 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway.

You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people.

Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fe7w46nywzs
Scotty C

6th Jun 08 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
The speed will be 30mph. We have 4 police cars at the front of the Road Block leading the way so no-one can undertake us on the hard shoulder.

This sentance has made my day

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Monster]
Adam_B

6th Jun 08 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices. 22 database queries in 0.0197239 seconds