corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear spax 'knocking'

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear spax 'knocking'
aron

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had spax rsx springs and shocks (-60mm) on my car for about 8 months now, and it seems something is up with the rear passenger side shock as it 'knocks' when it rebounds.

It seems to be only on the ‘way up’ if you get what I mean, only when the shock rebounds back – but not when it compresses.

It’s like there’s ‘friction’ on the way back up, and the knock can be felt at the top of the shock when I sit on the boot sill to test it. There appears to be no leakage or damage to the shock either.

the knocking has always been there, and I know that it’s definitely not the exhaust as I’ve got all sorts of old tyre round the rear axle etc to stop noise from there.

Any ideas what it could be?

The rsx kit was bought brand new, fitted by my local garage - but I know them very well and they wouldn’t have knowingly fitted them incorrectly.

The knocking is getting pretty annoying more than anything else… what could it be?

Sorry for the essay, any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
Dean_W

User status: Offline
10th Jun 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the bolt to the rear beam and also the top nuts to make sure there not loose.

Other that that, probably a faulty shocker. Back to Spax i'm afraid....

New Poll