corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you take of your arches on a corsa b?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you take of your arches on a corsa b?
Coakley-16

User status: Offline
13th Jun 08 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys but i dont really know much about cars and i would like to take my arches of for a re-spray.
BluKoo

13th Jun 08 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I picked up the back end of my mates corsa and his arch just fell of in my hand...

you could try that
Jamie-C

13th Jun 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step 1
The arch is fixed to the car with 6 plastic nuts. Have a feel behind the rear arch first and locate all 6 of them. Note that you may have to remove muck and road dirt to get to some of them - mine were covered. The pic below shows roughly where the nuts are:

And this is what the nuts are like:

Step 2
Using your ratchet and 10mm socket (extension bar is recommended aswell) take off all 6 nuts from behind the arch. The one at the bottom front of the arch is the hardest because there isn't much space. This is where I used the angled extension to get in at that one. It may be easier to jack the rear of the car up but I don't have a jack so I did it this way and didn't have any problems - choice is yours!

Step 3
Now slowly remove and wiggle the arch free. The arch is also held on by a white plug thing at the end closest to the rear bumper, but arch will easily come off. Once the arch is off, this is what you’ll be left with:

Step 4
Once you have the arch off flip it over and check that all the little bolts are still attached to the arch. Some of mine dropped off when arch came off so I sorted this by using super glue to put them back in place and left it overnight to dry. In the pic below you’ll see 2 small shiny areas where glue was used to glue 2 bolts back in place. You can also see the white plug thing which helps hold arch on:

Step 7
Refitting is easy enough. Just place arch back in position starting at the end closest to the rear light and then put nuts back on and tighten.
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th Jun 08 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice post, Jamie, I might spray my arches myself to save some money at the paint shop

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Coakley-16

13th Jun 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matie
Ben G

13th Jun 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just ripped mine off with my bare hands. sylvester style

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you take of your arches on a corsa b? 23 database queries in 0.0107219 seconds