corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dvla engine change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dvla engine change
k e l

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right should have done this along time ago but i keepforgetting to do it. ive declaired every last modification on my car to the insurance company. but i havent changed to log book yet. i want everything to be legit
so been on the dvla sit and it brings this up

Change to engine and cylinder capacity (engine size)

DVLA will need written evidence of any changes to engine number and cylinder capacity (cc). Written evidence can be:

a receipt for the replacement engine
written evidence from the manufacturer
an inspection report provided for insurance purposes
written confirmation on headed paper from a garage if the change in engine size took place before you bought the vehicle

now i fitted the engine myself. i dont have a recipt for the engine but i do for the doner car.
so any help in sorting this out would be greatfull. gunna ring dvla up tmorrow. but thought id ask first
B3KAN

23rd Jun 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill in the new cc capacity And the new engine number and send it off its easy

The way i did mine was fill it out and took it to my local dvla office with the tax disc and they replaced it and the new V5 arrived with in a couple off wks, you will have to pay the excess in tax though if you had a smaller engine with cheper tax, They normally only ever ask for a report if you are decreasing the cc as you would be getting cheaper tax

Ive done a few now and never been asked to provide a report
chrex

23rd Jun 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i've got the same problem so will be interested to know the outcome! thing is i have no details of the car it came out of or anything. Putting it in myself, so am thinking of making up a number, or finding one somewhere...
B3KAN

23rd Jun 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
yea i've got the same problem so will be interested to know the outcome! thing is i have no details of the car it came out of or anything. Putting it in myself, so am thinking of making up a number, or finding one somewhere...

The number will be on the engine, mine was a cunt to read
k e l

23rd Jun 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ta sounds easy enough. at least this way its all legit one less way to get screwed in the long run
joey736

24th Jun 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would advise you to go to the dvla office in person, as thats what i'm gonna have to do.

i sent my details off a few weeks ago and just got my v5 back today and they havent changed the engine details, its still down as a 1.4 16v
k e l

24th Jun 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do is not too far away so ill do that
AdamF
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried to just send it off and it got sent back saying what it says on the site.
luke85

24th Jun 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with B3kan here, I just sent the log book off with the new engine size and part of the engine number (couldnt read all of it) and it got changed over no problem at all, they just send you a bill for the extra tax you have to pay and then send you a new tax disc
B3KAN

24th Jun 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joey736
i would advise you to go to the dvla office in person, as thats what i'm gonna have to do.

i sent my details off a few weeks ago and just got my v5 back today and they havent changed the engine details, its still down as a 1.4 16v

Did they change the cc size tho? Im sure mine still says 1.6 16v but a 1998cc
Ben ev

25th Jun 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they change cc and eng details. as said just put new capacity and number. job done. no need to go up there in person. waste of time

New Poll