corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CAT replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CAT replacement
antm1234

User status: Offline
24th Jun 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm just about to buy a de-cat exhaust and on here ive seen alot of people saying its easy to just put the cat back on for the mot. however i dont know how to put the cat back on lol ive searched on here and google for instructions but found nothing...a little help please
also have you heard of many people getting pulled over and caught without a cat?
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
25th Jun 08 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine?

I will assume it is a 1.4/1.6 16v due to how common they are.

It is basically a case of unbolting the cat at the end of the downpipe and unbolting the exhaust clamp, all 13mm sockets/spanners IIRC, then slide it off and slide the new one on and reconnect.

Piece of piss and if the exhaust is often apart you will have no issues splitting it. If it is stuck like a shit to a blanket then coat in penetrative oil/diesel and get the tw@tting spanner out!

New Poll