corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Egypt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Egypt
mwg

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am wanting to book a holiday to Egypt for next year, decided on resort, hotel etc. etc. and have the prices all sorted.

A few people I've talked to keep saying everyone gets ill that goes there?! I really fancy going as it has the heat, nice beaches & great snorkelling/diving but I'm getting a bit worried about the sickness bit.... being ill in a foreign country doesn't appeal to me

Has anyone on here been? What you reckon to it? Any general advice?
bubble

3rd Jul 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur goin taba-dont.
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No been looking at Sharm
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went last year for 1 week, I did have a bit of an upset stomach but apparently its down to the water, not dodgy food.

Hotels are great, weathers great, the staff in the hotels are great, trips booked through the travel agent are great, snorkelling is great, Nama Bay is a bit of a pain - shop keepers etc

Great holiday, would probably go back.

We stayed in the Baron Palms. Its just next to the airport. Away from town but has everything you need, buses run you into town if your feeling brave.
bubble

3rd Jul 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
No been looking at Sharm

sharm is nice.

as colin said-its the water thats iffy. if ur thinkin of egypt-give morocco a look over-iv just come back it was awesome.
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember seeing pics of your holiday now you've posted.

Did you drink bottled water? I'm looking at either Hilton Sharks Bay or Sea Life Resort. Both about 20 mins from Naama Bay, have heard about the shop keepers there!
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye there might be some pics if you search.

We did drink only bottled water, but almost every food is prepared with tap water, ice cubes in drinks etc. Bit dificult to avoid, I can remember a few extra toilet stops a day, didnt ruin our holiday tho.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Jul 08 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sharm will be fine, like anywhere with the getting ill (depends what you eat / drink)

Taba is not built up enough to be worth going yet!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks for the replies. Think I'll just say sod it and go. Dont know what it's like till I've tried it do I. Least I can say I've been there done that and would or wouldn't go back depending what it turns out like

Guess another thing to avoid is sea food as thats fairly dodgy whatever country you are in, including the UK
Joe

3rd Jul 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't get ill over there, either did the bird. Great place, would love to go again. Naama Bay is a shithole though.
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think there is a free shuttle bus to Naama Bay so might go just to see what its like, if I dont like it will stick to the hotel beach.

Did the people that have been get Visa's? Cos think they are needed if you plan to go outside the resort? Even on boat trips a visa is required I think
Joe

3rd Jul 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah our Hotel did a shuttle bus. It was ok, just the shop keepers were real hassle and the bint couldn't say no so we just kept getting midered. Was busy though, but certain bits of it were pretty grubby.

We didn't get the Visa, but we only went on a snorkling trip and to Naama Bay the rest we spent around our Hotel.
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool cheers. I imagine we'll probably spend the majority of the time at the hotel too as the beach is right there.
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need a Visa if your going outside Sharm, like to cairo (shithole!) or into waters outside the red sea. We didnt get one.

Namma bay was a bit annoying, mostly sell just shit anyway so your not missing much if you dont go, though there is a Hard Rock Cafe if you fancy a meal out the hotel. Just be expected to get all the banter to try & get you into shops, & if your girlfriend has blonde hair your double fucked, be expected to get offered cammels by every man in sight.

Good 5* hotel (most of them are anyway) All inclusive, book up the trips from the reps for boats & snorkling as their well organised & away from staying in Namma bay town center & you'll have a great time!!
mwg

3rd Jul 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reassurance...

Going for 10 days all inclusive
RyanSxi

3rd Jul 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
You only need a Visa if your going outside Sharm, like to cairo (shithole!) or into waters outside the red sea. We didnt get one.

Namma bay was a bit annoying, mostly sell just shit anyway so your not missing much if you dont go, though there is a Hard Rock Cafe if you fancy a meal out the hotel. Just be expected to get all the banter to try & get you into shops, & if your girlfriend has blonde hair your double fucked, be expected to get offered cammels by every man in sight.

Good 5* hotel (most of them are anyway) All inclusive, book up the trips from the reps for boats & snorkling as their well organised & away from staying in Namma bay town center & you'll have a great time!!

You turned down cammels?
eddiewhiteley

3rd Jul 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we went for our honeymoon, pretty much agree with whats been said, no need to worry about anything. the shopkeepers are a hassle but give you free drinks to get you to buy stuff, i just had the drinks then left the shops. hard rock cafe is cheap , and go to the camel bar, pretty good on the roof terrace for a beer.

and make sure you go quad biking in the desert
Jambo

3rd Jul 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
We went last year for 1 week, I did have a bit of an upset stomach but apparently its down to the water, not dodgy food.

Hotels are great, weathers great, the staff in the hotels are great, trips booked through the travel agent are great, snorkelling is great, Nama Bay is a bit of a pain - shop keepers etc

Great holiday, would probably go back.

We stayed in the Baron Palms. Its just next to the airport. Away from town but has everything you need, buses run you into town if your feeling brave.

What Colin said

I didnt get ill when i went, always drank bottled water cleaned my teef with it too
Steve X16XE

3rd Jul 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
No been looking at Sharm

My mate has just got mack from Sharm. He went there with his lass. Had a great time, went on 3 different day trips.

However he did eat way too much sea food, which was nice, for 2 full days. He was a little ill coz of that.

I've been for a scuba diving hol there with my dad for a week, diving twice a day. The sea is the place to be!!!

I saw 52 degrees C at midday and saw 38 degrees C at the night time. It sounds hot, but coz it's not humid (like here) it is ok.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Egypt 23 database queries in 0.0137451 seconds