corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 12v owners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 12v owners
--Dannyh--

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i was just wondering what is the top speed you have had out of your cars? I was on a "private" road and was behind my mate (Suzuki Swift Attitude 1.3) and one i got the speed up on my car the speedo was reading 110mph but i found out earlier that day that my speedo was out by 2mph so my 1.0 12v Corsa was doing 108mph its completly standard, i had 3 of my friends in the car and my sub/speaker box in the boot.
AndyKent

7th Jul 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woo
deano87

7th Jul 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm mind is down on that, however could probably manage it down hill

Indicated 95mph on the flat before, at Santa Pod
Mobby

7th Jul 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 in 16.0 s and max 93 mph with 54 bhp.
thats the figures for your car.
your speedo will be well out at 100mph so your speedo was about 20mph out theres no way it does 108mph as this is the speed from factory and it willl have lost a few bhp over the years its been on the road, also they wouldnt test the top speed with three people in the car, so you were doing 87 and you speedo said 108 = seems about right to me
deano87

7th Jul 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
your speedo will be well out at 100mph so your speedo was about 20mph out theres no way it does 108mph as this is the speed from factory and it willl have lost a few bhp over the years its been on the road, also they wouldnt test the top speed with three people in the car, so you were doing 87 and you speedo said 108 = seems about right to me

Yeah. Your speedo is generally out by about 2mph at 70mph, but the gap does increase as you go faster.

Unless it was a hill and majorly wind assisted, you would have done 100mph+ imho.
Mobby

7th Jul 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

Yeah. Your speedo is generally out by about 2mph at 70mph, but the gap does increase as you go faster.

Unless it was a hill and majorly wind assisted, you would have done 100mph+ imho.

how can he do 100+ if it only does 93mph standard from factory when its running perfect, but then wheel sizes come into it, do you have 13's or not?
deano87

7th Jul 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how can he do 100+ if it only does 93mph standard from factory when its running perfect, but then wheel sizes come into it, do you have 13's or not?

I have 13's yes.

If you are going down a long hill (there is one on my way back from Uni) and you have speed at the top before you go down, then foot to the floor, you'll get indicated 100mph+ easy. Will have to take sat nav to Uni one day
Mobby

7th Jul 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

I have 13's yes.

If you are going down a long hill (there is one on my way back from Uni) and you have speed at the top before you go down, then foot to the floor, you'll get indicated 100mph+ easy. Will have to take sat nav to Uni one day

thought you were talking about actual speed not indicated
--Dannyh--

7th Jul 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well at least it read about 108mph lol. yes i have 13's on lol. my mate in his swift took his sat nav and he was doing 110mph according to the sat nav :S and his speedo said he was doing about 115mph lol. it felt good to see that speed on the speedo even it if wasnt right lol
pow
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 110 on the speedo (about 104/5) in my 1.2 16v once
JoeyB

7th Jul 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out by upto 10% around the 100mph mark i think.

I have a question for 1.0 12v owners......do you fear for your life when pulling out at roundabouts??

Are you ever tempted to get out and push?

I have driven a couple of 1.2 Corsas and i thought they were so underpowered they were almost unsafe!

The Skoda 1.2 12v however - thats a different kettle of fish. Its feels quicker than my Corolla Verso 1.8
--Dannyh--

7th Jul 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well on friday i went to doncater ice skating, and we stopped at a service startion, my mate in the swift just left me he was about 10 cars ahead by the time i cought up to him, i had my foot to the floor and the car just seemed as tho it wouldnt move lol. but when you get the car going it can sit at 70-80mph all day long without any problems lol
Cheese Man Chris

7th Jul 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Factory figures are always under.

I did about 110mph in my 12v on 13"

Also did it with 17" on and the gps read 100mph
antoni

7th Jul 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive a 1.0shitter and tbh the lack of ppower doesnt bother me, never really felt i needed more to get out of a situation etc

just remember folks, its all bout momentum
Ash_EP3

7th Jul 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm...

without a doubt speedo's are definately out on the older cars when travelling at high speeds...

I was doing an indicated 112mph @ 5000rpm in my sport (1.6) and it was really struggling to get up to the 120 that they apparently do...

So I very much doubt that in a car with just over half the power with 3 people you would get anywhere near that speed

[Edited on 07-07-2008 by S214_UPP]
Corsa_Scotty

7th Jul 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

107mph tops on mine
Ash_EP3

7th Jul 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
107mph tops on mine

What mods does yours have?
Mobby

7th Jul 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all these speedo indications are wrong, so everyone saying they did this means nothing as the speedos well out at 100mph, but i didnt know factory figures are under, they shouldnt be imo, 1.2 16vs must do more than 101mph then
Cheese Man Chris

7th Jul 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Factory figures are ALWAYS under!

It covers there back if say a brand new car dosnt quite make the figure they promised!
Ash_EP3

7th Jul 08 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese Man Chris
Factory figures are ALWAYS under!

It covers there back if say a brand new car dosnt quite make the figure they promised!

Maybe but I wouldn't have thought by much if they were I would say it's probably less than a 5mph margin either way
N3CRO

7th Jul 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The most I've had outta my 12v is 95mph on a flat straight with my foot to the floor and all I have is a derestricted and drilled airbox with Courtney Sport panel filter, 14 inch wheels and a very restrictive custom backbox.
And no, I don't fear for my life at roundabouts as I think my car is pretty nippy for what it is. I've driven ALOT slower cars.
Whittie

7th Jul 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've driven a 12v down the a55, it was stuck on 99, wouldnt go passed.... on the speedo too. So probably doing about 90/
Whittie

7th Jul 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
hmmm...

without a doubt speedo's are definately out on the older cars when travelling at high speeds...

I was doing an indicated 112mph @ 5000rpm in my sport (1.6) and it was really struggling to get up to the 120 that they apparently do...

So I very much doubt that in a car with just over half the power with 3 people you would get anywhere near that speed

I've got a picture on my phone of a 1.6 sport doing nearly 130. Hit the limiter in 5th about 128 on the speedo
Ash_EP3

7th Jul 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
hmmm...

I've got a picture on my phone of a 1.6 sport doing nearly 130. Hit the limiter in 5th about 128 on the speedo

Is that indicated speed sir?

There is a vid of a 1.4 sport on youtube doing almost 130
Mobby

7th Jul 08 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
hmmm...

i was thinking that, i was sure they hit nearer the 130mph mark

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 12v owners 22 database queries in 0.0129962 seconds