corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » I have a bit of shit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have a bit of shit
mattk

User status: Offline
21st Jul 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IN my D40, on some pictures there is a black line on the left hand side,

Ive swapped lenses with Bonney and it still does it so the lense is rulled out, ive looked at the mirror and the window thing above the mirror and they are totally spotless, could some shit have got behind the mirror, Im totally clueless as to how SLR`s work, I know the mirror flicks up but what is behind there is a mystery to me

Im gonna drop it in the camera shop to ask can he clean it, just thought Id have a word in here first
Whittie

21st Jul 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rocket Blower.

Put it in manual mode, with no lense on. 30 second exposure to keep the mirror locked up, and blow bits of dust away.
AndyKent

22nd Jul 08 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't put it on a long exposure (unless the manual says its done that way)

If the exposure finishes and you've got something in the way it'll damage the shutter curtain.

There should be a mirror lock-up function or cleaning function in your menu to ensure the mirror stays out the way.
Scotty_B

22nd Jul 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a mirror lock up on the D40 under the spanner in the menus, it's on the 2nd page.

Set it to on and press the shutter, the mirror will lock. Then use the blower to blow out the dust.

However if it's a stuborn bit of grime a Sensorklear pen works wonders.
mattk

22nd Jul 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought of that before I read this and it worked, thanks alot though lads

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » I have a bit of shit 23 database queries in 0.0088520 seconds