corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joey Barton "Second Chance"

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Joey Barton "Second Chance"
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   28th Jul 08 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok on the news today it says that Keegan will be giving Joey Barton a second chance, "People have opinions, and you must respect those, but mine is to give him another chance and back him".

Barton is currently serving a sentance for assault on a teenager, and also has been convicted of assaulting Dabo previously (but escaped jail). He's due out of prison at the end of this week.

I just wondered what's everyone's opinions of this "second chance"? Part of me feels he should be allowed a second chance under Keegan. But then another part of me feels it's unfair as technically it's not his "second" chance in general with his history. And there are stacks of talented young players that would love to be in his place and given the opportunity he's got.

What do you lot think?

JILL
Mad Moe

28th Jul 08 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I never wanted him at Newcastle and I thought he should have been sacked as soon as he was found guilty, however with Football being a business these days Newcastle have been forced into giving him another chance or risk loosing him for nothing. He has undoubted ability but the guy's a total oxygen thief. I can only hope that his time inside has really sorted him out once and for all!
Tom

28th Jul 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a nob, no two ways about it and he should have been sacked by city years ago.
J da Silva

28th Jul 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's no model professional is he? He's just keeping another good midfielder out of the Newcastle team who's more deserving of the chance.

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Mad Moe

28th Jul 08 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is on his day he is the best midfielder we have
MatthewR

28th Jul 08 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

I think that says alot about your midfield
Mad Moe

28th Jul 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what you're saying but let's be honest on his day he would be an asset in most midfields outside the top 6
Hammer

28th Jul 08 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure he deserves it but if it was me i'd give him another chance i think.
Nath

28th Jul 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd chance?
Robbo

28th Jul 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let the cunt rot in jail
Robbo

28th Jul 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
32nd chance?
Yup
Nath

28th Jul 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The blokes a cunt. Hope someone busts his leg.
Jill
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

I don't even think he is that good to be honest, but I sort of understand what you're saying. I guess we'll see how he does when the season begins

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
32nd chance?
Yup

FLOL

JILL
fir3vip3r

28th Jul 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice example to set.
Jules

28th Jul 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He must have some dirt on Keegan - probably nekkid pics of him that show King Kev's perm is still alive and very much kicking!
Cosmo

28th Jul 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Released from jail 10 wks into a 6 month sentence
Jules

28th Jul 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Released from jail 10 wks into a 6 month sentence

That's some good old British "justice" for you right there!

This once great country is going to rack and fucking ruin
Limecat
Banned

28th Jul 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With another player I could understand it, as is often the case the more talent people have the more trouble you will put up with or tolerate from them.

However Joey Barton's talent is minimal, his trouble is off the bleeding radar. Trouble/talent ratio is totally to piss on this guy and it isn't as if he is integral team by dictating the game, he is just a battler - something he cannot leave on the pitch.

Anyone that puts a cigar out in a kids eye is deserving of AIDS.
chris-sri

28th Jul 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bloke has proved time and time again that he's a mindless thug. I don't think he should ever play professional football in this country again.
Danny P

28th Jul 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While I agree that Barton is an absolute fucking wanker, I dont think that it's fair he shouldn't ever play Football again, if he was in a "normal" job then he'd be able to go back to do whatever he was doing before he went into jail.

Can understand why Newcastle are giving him another go, if they dont play him, someone else will, so if they sack him then they are losing out on potentially a lot of money (and argubly a very good player)

Hard choice to make, & really he should be punished more, but the way the system works in England is that he is seen to have served his time, and has been punished enough
Richie B

28th Jul 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The debate will go on and on.

We knew the baggage when we bought him, and Keegan said when he took the job that he was backing Barton unless he did something again (baring in mind the McDonalds incident was before this). I think he'll get one last chance, but (may be very wrong) don't think he'll do the same again.

As for Newcastle being a 'disgrace' for 'taking him back', I'm pretty sure the vast majority of clubs wouldn't sack him. Sell him at the earlier opportunity maybe, but not sack him as they'd stand to lose too much.

Ashley isn't exactly splashung any cash, so the likelihood of sacking a player wouldn't go down too well, what with not wanting to spend the cash to replace.
Limecat
Banned

28th Jul 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
While I agree that Barton is an absolute fucking wanker, I dont think that it's fair he shouldn't ever play Football again, if he was in a "normal" job then he'd be able to go back to do whatever he was doing before he went into jail.

I think you will find it is the exact opposite. If you or I ended up in jail we would be terminated for not being able to adhere to the terms of our contract of employment. It happened to a lad at my old workplace.
Robbo

28th Jul 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ True, but by goign to jail for fighting (etc) then you wouldnt never be able to go back to your profession (in the main)
Limecat
Banned

28th Jul 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is that they are paid a sodding fortune to not only play football, but also to act as an image/representative of the club.

I would want that c>nt to pay me £40k a week (or whatever he is on?) to be labelled with his image.
Shelly
Premium Member

29th Jul 08 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Footballers are idolized by millions of kids who want to grow up to become something similar.

Is he the type of role model todays children should want to aspire to?

I don't think so.

He shouldn't have been given a second chance. He's had amazing opportunities in his life so far, and choses to act the way he does. It's disgusting... He has assaulted someone twice, he will not learn lessons.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joey Barton "Second Chance" 23 database queries in 0.0091009 seconds