corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » intreting bit in the mail about tevez

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author intreting bit in the mail about tevez
jr

User status: Offline
30th Jul 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian Ridley in today's Mail on Sunday. Seems the penny has dropped at last!

"MANCHESTER UNITED say they are ready to pay £32million to secure Carlos Tevez, a British record. For the agents concerned, it must be a world record deal, and one that illustrates the murky world of football finances and transfers. How is it possible, you may well ask, that the season before last, West Ham United were fined £5million for breaking a Premier League rule in fielding Tevez, when he was owned by the sports investment company MSI, rather than the club itself? And how is it possible that he has been allowed to play for United under the same arrangement since? It seems the subtle difference is that MSI could ship Tevez in and out at West Ham whenever they chose to as they owned his economic rights.

United went to the Premier League to ratify a two-year loan deal in which MSI agreed to give up that power, although they still retained ownership. Since then League rules have been changed, so that even this arrangement is outlawed, meaning third-party ownership is no longer permitted. United have been allowed to keep the Argentinian because the rule cannot be applied retrospectively. Thus do United have the last year of Tevez's arrangement to comply and are negotiating to keep him with the third-party owners, who are no longer MSI, according to the player's adviser, Kia Joorabchian. Hope that clears it up for those who may be thinking that there seems to be one law for football's highest and another for the lower orders. Perish the thought, as they say in Luton.

It has all probably come out into the open because of some interest in Tevez from Real Madrid and United must hope that Tevez's people do not yet get a better offer. United must also hope he doesn't retire in four years at 28, as he has mused. Meantime, the deal will send an unhappy message that FIFA need to address. And that is that plundering countries for young talent and getting them to sign away their lives is very rewarding work ii you can get it. Is the Tevez affair unfair? Perish the thought!"grammarhammer

Tom

30th Jul 08 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all messy and I am glad players can no longer be 'third party' owned and play in the EPL. Those scummy fuckers who sign them are pretty low life people imo. I don't think it's one rule for the top clubs and another for the smaller ones though.

P.S. Why would he reitre at 28
Robbo

30th Jul 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In theory I agree Tom, but then when Jimmy explained the reaosns behind it a while back it does make mroe sense in SA, but not in Europe!
J da Silva

30th Jul 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think tevez wants to retire from 'top league' football at 28/29ish so he finish his career at Boca Juniors, he's always banged on about going back to finish it where it all started.

p.s. everyone keeps calling me that , an old nickname from when I first went to school in England, nobody could say my name right so one kid said "fuck it can we call you Jim instead?" I pmsl and lmfao whilst rofl.
strick206

30th Jul 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree about the third party ownership, and with the comment about real sniffing around, if they made a better offer and he went there, i wouldnt be too fussed, as the money we'd save we could bring someone better in

Tevez is a quality player, but he runs like he's pulling a bus, and he can be very greedy and get himself into trouble when on the ball by not playing, thats the thing i dislike about him the most
Robbo

30th Jul 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing I most dislike about Tevez is he offends my eyes
Cosmo

30th Jul 08 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole stink with WHU was because they never gave all the details of the deals for Masch and Tevez to the FA, infact IIRC the old board actually lied about the deals.

We spent a fortune in legal fees (and it took a month past the Jan trasnfer window) to get Masch on a loan agreement that was all above board with the FA (and ultimately showed up the flaws in what WHU did!).
J da Silva

30th Jul 08 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I agree about the third party ownership, and with the comment about real sniffing around, if they made a better offer and he went there, i wouldnt be too fussed, as the money we'd save we could bring someone better in

Tevez is a quality player, but he runs like he's pulling a bus, and he can be very greedy and get himself into trouble when on the ball by not playing, thats the thing i dislike about him the most

Plus he could move to Real, and link up with C. Ronaldo again.
Robbo

30th Jul 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strick206

30th Jul 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10

Plus he could move to Real, and link up with C. Ronaldo again.

Tevez may go, Ronaldo won't
Cosmo

30th Jul 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Tevez may go, Ronaldo won't

Certainly not now United fans are on the case...

Originally Posted by VoetbalWizard
quick question.

why don't players just commute from wherever they want to live within reason.

for instance. if ronnie hates manchester so much,

he can live in lisbon and charter (or buy if he has the cash) a g550 plane for training and match days
lisbon to manchester would be under 3 hrs via gulfstream.

i mean he could even make that part of his contract negotaitions. that the club provide partial payment for his chartered g550.

that way he can live and be with his family in portugal, and take the plane daily to play and trian for united

[Edited on 30-07-2008 by Cosmo]
strick206

30th Jul 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are some idiots knocking about, take the fucking genius who wrote that as an example
BigSte

30th Jul 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dodgy as fuck.....WHU should have had points deducted and therefore would have got relegated instead of Sheff Utd.

Whole situation fuckin stinks and the FA just chosse to turn a blind fuckin eye.....hope Tevez dies tbh
strick206

30th Jul 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worlds smallest violin for you ste
Nath

30th Jul 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigSte
dodgy as fuck.....WHU should have had points deducted and therefore would have got relegated instead of Sheff Utd.

Whole situation fuckin stinks and the FA just chosse to turn a blind fuckin eye.....hope Tevez dies tbh

Or maybe you should've won more games?
J da Silva

30th Jul 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably as nothing was said until after the game where Tevez scored to keep them up.
Marc

30th Jul 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

FUCKING LAUGH MY MOTHER FUCKING LIVERPOOL HATING ARSE OFF.
J da Silva

30th Jul 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick to hating Harrogate Town FC instead, your 'local' rivals.
jr

30th Jul 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
The whole stink with WHU was because they never gave all the details of the deals for Masch and Tevez to the FA, infact IIRC the old board actually lied about the deals.

We spent a fortune in legal fees (and it took a month past the Jan trasnfer window) to get Masch on a loan agreement that was all above board with the FA (and ultimately showed up the flaws in what WHU did!).

99% true, except Scott Duxbury at the time actully contacted the FA before the deals were signed, to ensure what we were doing in priciple wasnt wrong. which at the time was it wasnt
Cosmo

30th Jul 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
99% true, except Scott Duxbury at the time actully contacted the FA before the deals were signed, to ensure what we were doing in priciple wasnt wrong. which at the time was it wasnt

Well it was, or you wouldnt of got done
jr

30th Jul 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

how many times do i need to tell you this

we, in fact didn nothing wrong, there is even a transcript somewhere of our CEO's call to the FA, as i said above, infact, you yourselfs broke a similar rule with kabba

the problem was, your team was so very very poor, you couldnt keep the 10 POINT LEAD you had over us, and could beat wigan on the last day of the season, and the ultimate irony was your old player sent you down

gutted

[Edited on 30-07-2008 by jr]
jr

30th Jul 08 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Well it was, or you wouldnt of got done

yes, and IMO and alot of others, this is why we didnt get a points deduction, because the FA wernt even sure on there ownrule , as how it used to be, could be read and manipulated in diffrent ways

hence the change in it now
jr

30th Jul 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i hope one day your team come out of sheff wed's shadow and be a proper club
BigSte

30th Jul 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wednesday are a club with less support, less quality, won less than us, bean beaten by us more times than they have beat us, in about £26m of debt!.......the list is friggin endless!

We went down on goal difference so we can't have been that bad!

We will be back soon....can't wait till we come to Upton Park again, gonna be amazin - even more so when we beat you!
Cosmo

30th Jul 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread has potential.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » intreting bit in the mail about tevez 23 database queries in 0.0144029 seconds