corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera Vans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed Camera Vans
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 08 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get caught by one do they send you the picture as proof it was you??
marklawton

2nd Aug 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you ask yes.

they sometimes have videos, my brother got a video taken when he was speeding

[Edited on 02-08-2008 by marklawton]
Colin

2nd Aug 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but you can request a copy to help identify the driver.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cool.. ill stick that pic on my wall then
fazza

2nd Aug 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ah cool.. ill stick that pic on my wall then

i hope you were smiling
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well no i was on a 60mph road and some silly bint was traveling at 40 so i over took clocked just over 65 then slowed down to 60 then saw the camera..

[Edited on 02-08-2008 by chris_uk]
Colin

2nd Aug 08 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be ok then......................no?
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought they were propper strikt with them cameras??

i might of even jsut nudged over 65, i wasnt really paying attention just overtook safely then once i had got back to 60 did i notice the van.. but i didnt make note of speed.

Doldy

2nd Aug 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will be ok mate, as you were over-taking
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean im not bothered either way as i was speeding and i admit that but didnt know how lenient they would be..

ive got 6 points now and one set of 3 are coming off in oct but insurance isnt due til april next year so ill only have 6 again..
Colin

2nd Aug 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait & see, 14 days for a NIP?

My mate got flashed a few weeks ago but nothings turned up so hes guessing hes got away.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard they can do you up to 6 months later.
Colin

2nd Aug 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they have 14 days to notify you of a nip / conditional offer (3pts/£60) if you being taken to court they have 6 months to issue a court citation.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite in that case then ill just wait.

it did annoy me tho as all the other points i have for speeding have not been directly my fault.

1st time - just following traffic, big que behind they just pick me out of everyone i was doing 34 in 30 (so yes i was speedin, but its abit tight)

2nd time - going through a tunnel (in corsa) and this clio came flying up past me (shit 2.0 thing looked a right shed) i was doing 39 in 40 coppers pulled me over and not him told em what happened they said yea right we heard you coming.. :S

3rd time - this..

so not really too fair atm lol

pow
Premium Member

2nd Aug 08 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im failing to see how you gained points for the second offence.
antoni

2nd Aug 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Im failing to see how you gained points for the second offence.

+1
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Aug 08 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i was in a chavved up corsa and he was in a battered old standard clio..

they assumed i was the one speeding as we exited the tunnel at the same point. it was just a copped with a gun.. so pulled me over.. i did moan about it but they just said go to court.. but i couldnt of proved anything.

[Edited on 04-08-2008 by chris_uk]
John

4th Aug 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doldy
I think you will be ok mate, as you were over-taking

Why would overtaking make it ok?
Teddy

4th Aug 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some forces operate a 10% policy.

Just because you are overtaking it will not be taken into consideration.

The cameras they use are video cameras, speeding cars are identified with an astrerix, NIP issued within 28 days (not 14 days)

Prosicution can take upto 6mths.
alan-g-w

4th Aug 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because i was in a chavved up corsa and he was in a battered old standard clio..

they assumed i was the one speeding as we exited the tunnel at the same point. it was just a copped with a gun.. so pulled me over.. i did moan about it but they just said go to court.. but i couldnt of proved anything.

But they wouldn't have been able to prove anything either... as in who they clocked with their gun. Happened to a mate, got clocked while alongside another car. The police couldn't determine whether they clocked him or the other car and he got let off.
alan-g-w

4th Aug 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

But they wouldn't have been able to prove anything either... as in who they clocked with their gun. Happened to a mate, got clocked while alongside another car. The police couldn't determine whether they clocked him or the other car and they both got let off.
Neo

4th Aug 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Allforces operate a 10% + 2 policy

The cameras they use are video cameras, speeding cars are identified with an astrerix, NIP issued within 14 days - If nothing is heard after around 21 you wont recieve anything

Prosecution can take upto 6mths.

Sorry made some changes.

Also depending on which type of lasercam they use you can request different types of configuration documents. As the main company that is able to configure a large amount of lasercams has just closed down, camera's are having to be shipped to america for configuration.

Also you can ask for training information of the officer, see the photo and if the vehicle isnt centred and straight that mention slip of the laser...

There's a lot of things you can do to get out of it, not saying you should

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera Vans 22 database queries in 0.0124841 seconds