corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash removal help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash removal help
sloany

User status: Offline
11th Aug 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do I remove the heater panel cover? dont need to take the heater dials out just the cover anyone have a lil walk through how to do it?

[img][/img]

[Edited on 11-08-2008 by sloany]
sloany

11th Aug 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason im asking is im removing all plastics and putting leather on them as im quite handy with stuff like leather, it will be tan on red leather ive done a rough coin holder to see how it would look couldnt remove the plastic heater surround so just need a basic idea of how to remove it thats all

[img][/img]
am4nf

11th Aug 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate ur better off leavin it alone
is it the whole bit surrounding the heater dials? u need to remove the blowers and the dials and the slider there are screws beind them all a pain in the ass especially gettin the blowers out without breaking them good luck with it
am4nf

11th Aug 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked at what u still need to remove the last 2 or 4 screws are behind the blowers but as i said take care they break easy
sloany

11th Aug 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh will be careful, im a veteran at removing vectra dashes done it on my previous veccys, I know these are a lil more prone to snap but just needed to know where all the screws and fiddly bits were cheers guys found a link on here and where everything is, will keep you all updated over the next few days with my progress on leathering the my centre console

yeah just want to remove the bit that covers the heater surround dials etc the top plastic thats all

[Edited on 11-08-2008 by sloany]
GavCorsa

11th Aug 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy job mate
blowers/air vents - scroll them downwards, then get small flat blade screwdriver and force them down more, little click and will spin a little more, then u will see 2 screws - 1 each side

u need to take off the dials too, small screwdriver under the opposite end to white strip, push under and pull dial/button/knob out

when the whole unit is losse it will slowly pull away, u will see that the front section is clipped into the rear section, small screwdriver to prise apart the clips

New Poll