corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Parrot CK3000 Evolution fitting help - wires!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parrot CK3000 Evolution fitting help - wires!
deano87

User status: Offline
13th Aug 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, here goes.

I plan to fit the CK3000 Evolution to my Corsa tomorrow. I have an aftermarket stereo which uses ISO fitment, therefore I don't need any adapter for the Bluetooth kit.

You get 2 cables with the Parrot kit. 1 = Mute Cable; 1 = Power Cable.

Now, the Mute Cable has a loose yellow wire, which is to be connected to 1 of 3 possible connectors on the Power Cable; blue, white or yellow. HOWEVER, the mute cable on my stereo, which is tabbed up i.e. not in use, is brown.

Would it be logical to simply connect the yellow loose mute cable to the brown cable directly? Or is there another solution?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S. I'm beginning to wish I bought a new stereo that has a compatible bluetooth add-on
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the yellow wire will go to the brown mute wire to mute the stereo when your phone rings mate.A bit of advise though,when its all wired up leave the stereo out till its 100% working(just saves time really)

Also connect the power lead of the parrot kit to a switched ignition live to save your battery going flat
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought so. I have found various things on the net.

One thing was that for stereo's that don't have a mute cable, the yellow wire and 3 colour possibilities are simply made redundant.

Also, with this ignition live business. . .if it does use the battery, wouldn't swapping the red and orange wires over work? It has 2 specific connectors on the Parrot wiring for doing this?!
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it should make the other wires redundant,and swapping the red/orange wires around should do the trick i believe.Do what you have suggested and laeve the radio out till its defo working properly.By the sounds of it if you do what is said then it should be fine.
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, in theory, I don't need to do anything with the mute cables, or I do? By simply connecting the yellow cable from the connector and brown one from the stereo?

EDIT: The car will be a right mess when I try it out for the first time

[Edited on 13-08-2008 by deano87]
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need one mute cable from the kit to the mute on the back of the head unit otherwise it wont mute the radio when you get a call,but the other mute leads should be redundant.

quote.....which is to be connected to 1 of 3 possible connectors on the Power Cable; blue, white or yellow.

Is this refering to cables on the parrot kit or the iso block??
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The blue, white & yellow connectors, which fit directly with the yellow mute cable (i.e. like spade connectors) are all part of the Parrot kit.

The existing wiring from my car stereo, has the loose brown mute wire.

I'm pretty sure, all that connecting the yellow mute cable and brown mute cable directly will bypass the block connector, but still muting the stereo.
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right im with you.You should be able to use the yellow cable to the brown wire and it should work.Dpes the parrot kit have a seperate speaker to it?
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh dont worry i see it has iso connections so will be fine,just connect the mute to mute and jobs done.
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it's the kit which uses the existing car speakers. So yes, I imagine connecting them directly will simply work. I will look at the loom and see if it figures out that it's just bypassing the other connectors etc

Why isn't anything ever simple?! u2u'd!
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just found this on a forum though:

quote:

The last optional part is to connect a loose yellow wire from the Parrot's mute wire to the exact pin that contains the Mute connection on your car's headunit. The Symphony II has a pin diagram on the top of it to explain the wiring schematic. The Parrot's wiring harness has multiple loose wires at the ready to be plugged in depending where your mute pin is in the schematic. Connecting this wire will allow your radio to display "phone" on the display when a call comes in, but is not a necessary connection since the Parrot's mute cable will do the job of muting the audio source and allowing the phone audio through.

I guess I'll try without first, before I go ahead cutting and shizzle

mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously though,fuck the extra wires as im positive they would be used for extra devices such as dvd/external sources.

deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found something else that said the mute wire may not be needed. Will just have to wait and see something to do with relays in the Parrot kit which automatically changes the audio on the speakers etc

mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be needed if you want the stereo to mute when you have a call as the brown wire doesnt go into the iso block of the h/unit.
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also the parrot handsfree kit has internal relays to lift the audio from the factory speakers (if you are not using the optional external speaker) This eliminates the need for a factory mute wire.

Who knows at least I know what to do in any case! Thanks for the help, bed time
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Also the parrot handsfree kit has internal relays to lift the audio from the factory speakers (if you are not using the optional external speaker) This eliminates the need for a factory mute wire.

Who knows at least I know what to do in any case! Thanks for the help, bed time

i think its refering to fitting to a factory fitted stereo on a different car?
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, yes it is
deano87

13th Aug 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally: http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=547&Itemid=6

quote:
STEP 6

The last wiring step is the MUTE wire. This wire tells the headunit to mute when you receive a call (makes it much easier to hear the caller lol)

On my pioneer headunit, each wire was very clearly labelled. However, the wires wasnt terminated, and so I had to crimp a female bullet connector to it, in order to connect it to the male bullet connector on the Parrot wiring harness.

Some headunits use different mute wires, so please check your manual to make sure you have the right cable - the standard Aura unit has a mute wire integrated with the ISO harness, so u won't need to crimp anything
mattievRS

13th Aug 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you take photos so you can post a "how to"
deano87

14th Aug 08 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures not going to have time for that, will take me long enough as it is
deano87

14th Aug 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HURRAY!

It all fitted fine - the blocks just fitted together no problem. It turns out I didn't need to connect the brown mute wire of the stereo cable to the yellow mute wire of the Parrot cable, but did anyway, just to be sure.

The hardest part I found was hiding the blue box and all the cables. It's all hidden behind the glove box, actually taped to the glove box, so really quite easy. I've put the actual control unit near the light switch, but can't see it whilst driving. However, my phone is on the fan vents under the MFD, so can just use that to pick up etc. Apparently, it has voice recognition for pick up and stuff.

So yeah, all fitted fine. Yet to phone someone whilst driving though

One problem I did have, was that when I pulled my stereo out, the aerial cable & connectors all split (I didn't even pull the stereo hard) so now I have no radio sad because I listen to that the most. Hopefully I can get an after market aerial to go on the windscreen or something, which plugs directly into the stereo.

So yeah, Parrot CK3000 Evolution. Highly recommended
mattievRS

14th Aug 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woop woop!!
deano87

14th Aug 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll