corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Windscreen aerials - any good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windscreen aerials - any good?
deano87

User status: Offline
14th Aug 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yeah, fitted by Parrot bluetooth kit today, but when I removed my headunit, it actually broke the connector of the cars aerial loom, and now I don't have any radio - which is pretty damn annoying, because it's what I listen to the most.

Now, I've cut up an old radio connector and aerial wire is just too complicated to re-wire. Small thin wire encapsulated with hard teflon type plasitc, with copper around that THEN a rubber insulator.

So, my only option is a completely new aerial/radio loom, which plugs directly into the head unit. Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150281689824&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

So does anyone use one? What is the reception like? How shit do they look?

luke85

14th Aug 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one very similar to that for my DAB and it was crap. I think the ariel wire goes to a connector behind the kick pannel in the passenger footwell so you could just replace it from there to the head unit if you got one from a scrap yard
deano87

14th Aug 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm the loom seems all tapped up etc, but I may go and have a look.

That aerial needs a 12v power connection though, so it'll hopefully be ok.

Anyone else?

[Edited on 14-08-2008 by deano87]

New Poll