corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Protected Storage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Protected Storage
Doug

User status: Offline
26th Aug 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some information relating how Internet Explorer interacts with protected storage.

Extensive 'googling' has only turned up multiple tools for reading this data but no solid information about how it works, exactly what is stored or even in what format it is stored in!

Ideally I am after a tech sheet that details how IE uses protected storage showing where the data is stored, in what format and what features of IE use protected storage, what needs to be turned on in IE to make use of PS, and what evidence can be gathered from PS.

So far I have come up with the following facts that I believe are correct but feel free to correct me if I am wrong here!

- Auto complete needs to be turned on in order for IE to save data to protected storage

- The sort of stuff that gets stored are passwords, autocomplete entries like email addresses etc

- Once accessed you will be able to retrieve passwords, usernames and anything else that is typically stored by auto complete

Am I correct on the above statements? Anything more to add?

I appreciate the help guys. Any links to papers or documents where I can find out more information would be more than helpful
John

User status: Offline
26th Aug 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autocomplete is when you type in anything in google for instance or your address bar and it autocompletes, I have this turned off but I still use protected storage for passwords etc so i'd say thats wrong.

It's related to the user details because if you create a password it clears them all, not sure about if you change password, creating one is basically changing a blank password though, maybe something to look into.

New Poll