corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » C20XE Cavalier

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Cavalier
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 08 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Converted from a 1.8 8v LS to a C20XE.

The car has no rust at all, the arches are still intact, it was Waxoyled when JR had it and he properly looked after it.

The engine has had the following;

new crank sender
cambelt and water pump
rocker gasket
sump gasket
new bolts everywhere
new leads
new dizzy arm
new rad fan
new CTS
new thermostat
new inlet gasket
new tb gasket
new manifold gasket
new lamba probe
new dipstick gasket
new dizzy o ring
everything all cleaned properly before reasembled
every fastner replaced (bolts/clips etc)

before it was put in the car as well as a full clean up, it really is mint.

the interior is undamaged, everything works bar the fuel gauge (which is a common Cavalier fault with a simple fix)

since I've had it, it's had a new fuel pump

There's a few bad points I can think of

1) the central locking doesn't work from the driver's door, it works if you put the door pin down, but not on the key
2) the fuel gauge doesn't work, as said
3) there's a small dink on the driver's side front wing which has been there for a long time but will push out (it's not creased)
4) the clutch needs adjusting now and replacing soon. it will drive, but I wouldn't like to say how long it will last

other than that, it really is mint, it's a late car, so you get the best spec, it's also got the best engine in the range.

it also comes complete with a towequip tow bar in the boot, which has never been used. I removed it when I bought the car, but it had only ever been fitted, not used.

overall, the car owes me about £900, I'd like a good chunk of that back considering how good a car it is, it makes a great daily driver and the engine is perfect. £750 would see you driving it away.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow maybe, but for now, here's the ones JR took, it's not changed since then, so they'll do.

The car has done 75k, has tax til december and MOT til next september.

u2u me if you're interested

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » C20XE Cavalier 24 database queries in 0.0055840 seconds