corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » misfiring / running like poo, newbie in leeds help required

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author misfiring / running like poo, newbie in leeds help required
gazleeds

User status: Offline
24th Sep 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the car for a few months

in the last couple of weeks every now n again while driving it would like hesitate a little when accelerating but then be fine after bout split second

anyway comes to last night driving home from work the car starts hesitating and cuts out n starts like misfiring, then it will go back to normal for a wee while then start again
it had just under a quarter of tank of fuel in, but thought maybe some crap in the fuel tank so walked to petrol station filled fuel can up and bought some redex fuel cleaner n put that in along with new fuel

eventually after bout an hour or idling like rubbish n misfirin a little i got it to run normally

started driving the 5 miles home and now and again on the way it would hesitiate a little like it was mis firing or holding back, managed to get home
then woke up this morning set off on the 4 miles drive to work got there without a single problem at all

then again this evening bout a mile from home started with the misfiring n hesitation again then back to normal its bit on off at min

checked the oil all fine checked the water no oil or anythin mixed with it,

so please anyone any ideas as to what else it could be or what to check
as i need this care to get to work or im screwed as no buses at 4am to get me to work

many thanks

p.s sorry for long post

also its a 94 m reg 1.2 8v cheers
Will94

24th Sep 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna guess the engine is a C12NZ given the year.... they were fairly simple to work on.

First off i'd check all the vacuum pipes around the inlet manifold/throttle body, make sure none of them are split or popped off. particularly the one leading to the map sensor (bolted onto the bulkhead rite near the expansion tank cap).

If they are all ok, i'd advise changing the coolant temp sensor. my old 1.2 8v one day started randomly misfiring and stalling, revs all over the place and turned out this is what it was. This particular sensor is screwed into the back of the inlet manifold.... if you stand infont of the car and put your hand round behind the inlet manifold on the left hand side you should feel it, theres a blue 2-wire plug on it. very easy to change, worth giving the coolant system a flush out since you'll lose most of the coolant when you unscrew it anyway lol

These are the most likely causes i can think of on that engine going on my experiences

Good luck bud
gazleeds

25th Sep 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorted now me thinks

there was a small pipe with 90degree bend in it at back of inlet manifold thing that had big split in it and when tried to take it off disintegrated in my hands so will get that replace tommor and that should be it sorted

have bodged it up for now wi a reel of tape holding the damaged pipe together and its running spot on so

thanks for all your help cheers
Will94

25th Sep 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll