corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Need some ideas - I have a thin client that needs to show a ppt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some ideas - I have a thin client that needs to show a ppt
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Sep 08 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm stuck!

For free, or VERY little cost, I have a thin client that I used using terminal services to run a powerpoint slideshow using powerpoint view on the server.

Now I don't have terminal services - how do I make use of the thin client to make it show this slideshow?

Ideas on a postcard please
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 08 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What model client?

Embedded CE as an OS or can you just TS out using it?

Any XP Pro machine will accept incoming TS from the thin client, as will any of your server OSs.
pow
Premium Member

1st Oct 08 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Embedded CE as an OS
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 08 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you don't have a TS app on the client?

There should be a ppt viewer for it even if you can't TS out.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 08 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can TS out from it, and ICA, but reading up on it there are licence issues. Is there any other solutions? Can you get a PPT viewer on a thin client?

New Poll