corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cant get my headunit out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cant get my headunit out
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   2nd Oct 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a set of 'keys' for getting the standard unit out of my Astra. Problem is the keys fit in the holes, so I grip them together (hard enough to bend the stupid things) and pull, and whether I do it quickly, slowly, hard or softly they slip out and are scratching the headunit up.

Its also not doing my mental state much good either, considering when I had a Corsa it came out using a spoon but this wont come out with the proper things

Any advice?
John

2nd Oct 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help zone.

Glovebox out, hand in behind stereo.
deano87

2nd Oct 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get the one out in my Corsa, I originally used old ones that I used for my girlfriends Ford stereo and it just wouldn't come out.

I bought some brand new ones, and it came out first time this was after nearly 2 hours of trying with the old keys.

Just try another set.
dannymccann

2nd Oct 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are Vauxhall standard keys though (not bought from Vaux) so I shouldnt really need to buy another set, and Id rather not start taking anymore of the car apart....
John

2nd Oct 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glovebox is 4 or 5 screws iirc and will save a lot of hassle, also handy for getting a new unit back in because there isn't much space for any extra cable.

You don't need brand new keys or any keys for that matter, anything that fits down the holes will do it.
Sean-B

2nd Oct 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the compartment off that is under where the headunit is, four screws and you can get your hand on the bottom of the h/u
dannymccann

2nd Oct 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il have a hunt round the house then, not much DIY bits around but might be able to find something. Is it meant to click when you push them in far enough and just pop out?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Oct 08 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Help zone.

DINGDINGDINGDING JOHN WINS 50 POINTS!!
adz_gsi

2nd Oct 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY LUCK PM ME N CUM UP N SEE ME CAR N ILL GET IT OUT FOR YA AS I USED TWO COAT HANGERS ON A SAAB STEREO N BANG OUT SHE CAME
adz_gsi

2nd Oct 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY LUCK PM ME N CUM UP N SEE ME CAR N ILL GET IT OUT FOR YA AS I USED TWO COAT HANGERS ON A SAAB STEREO N BANG OUT SHE CAME

New Poll