corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sir Bani Yas Island

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sir Bani Yas Island
liamC

User status: Offline
6th Oct 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd post some pics up from Sir Bani Yas Island where I went a couple of days ago.

Basically the whole Island is a massive wildlife reserve where animals can run free. It was the royal families private island, but they've converted it into a big project called the desert islands. (Theres another couple of Islands which are under construction) and they've put a hotel on it, with lots of activities included in with the cost of staying at the hotel on the Island. (Safaris, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Kayaking & Snorkelling). Really nice place, very peaceful, and very different from the concrete jungle I live in.

Only a 150 mile drive down the coast (Tenners worth of petrol there and back ), and 20 minutes across on a boat to get there.

Got stung by a jellyfish whilst snorkeling on the reefs, but other than that it was ace.
Ben G

6th Oct 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they have lions running free? rawr
Whittie

6th Oct 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sun looks huge in that sunset
A1EX

7th Oct 08 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did they have to pee on you after you got stung?

nice looking place
liamC

7th Oct 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No lions!

There's about 65 different animals, from Oryx and Giraffe, to Llama and Ostrich! Normally the Sheikh (Before he died) was given animals as gifts ( As you do ) so thats how you got bizarre (non-arabian) animals there!!

No pee-ing on me required ( My lass does thatto me when I ask anyway ). Was only a small jellyfish - would hate to get stung off a big one

[Edited on 07-10-2008 by liamC]
Mobby

7th Oct 08 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's beautiful

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sir Bani Yas Island 23 database queries in 0.0105870 seconds