corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » E36 325i SE mot failure - NO LONGER FOR SALE

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E36 325i SE mot failure - NO LONGER FOR SALE
myke

User status: Offline
17th Oct 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'92 K'plate 325i straight six, non vanos.
excellent engine, strong, pulls well.
162k miles
4 door saloon
graphite grey (not far off black)
no mot, tax till end of October

I love this car but it needs some work to get an mot pass which I don't have the time or space to do myself or the money to pay a garage to do.

It has electric mirrors, windows and sunroof. these all work, although the n/s window is a bit slow.
Body wise it's pretty good, polishes up nice. few little spots of rust on arches, and the worst bit is the back panel which has a hole in and could do with patching up to help aesthetically.

MoT failure points:
Handbrake - hasn't worked for a while. I have a new pair of cables to go with the car. this will get it working and legal again, although new rear handbrake shoes and the combined disc/drum would benefit from replacement.
Rear bushes - I changed the rear trailing arm bushes last weeekend, but there is still knocking and movement from back there, so something is still not right. Also the rear subframe/diff carrier bushes need changing. Again I have a new pair of these waiting to go on.
Corroded brake pipe - I've not seen this myself, so don't know if you could rub it down and re-paint it or if it's more terminal than that, but apparently this pipe runs over the fuel tank which needs dropping to replace it.
Head light aim - no explanation needed I hope.
Evidence of tyre arch contact - front tyres caught the arch liners on full lock, but it'll be sold with standard wheels, so not too much of an issue.

So basically, it needs a day or two under the rear end to get back going again. I just can't justify keeping it any longer to sort myself.

£300 spares or repair.
Collection only from High Wycombe, Bucks. J4 off of M40.
Part Exchange possible, but I don't have much cash to add to a deal.

pics
I intend to put the standard springs back in as well, but possibly won't get round to it. It currently has Weitec lowering springs on it.

I'll find a couple of pics with the standard wheels on, and take some of the rust spots. I'll also try and scan the MoT fail sheet.

Any interest, please reply, PM, email, or call/text.
handleymyke@aol.com

cheers
myke

[Edited on 24-10-2008 by myke]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » E36 325i SE mot failure - NO LONGER FOR SALE 24 database queries in 0.0087481 seconds