corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » not vauxhall but a r 5 turbo for sale. SOLD. well swapped for xe corsa

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not vauxhall but a r 5 turbo for sale. SOLD. well swapped for xe corsa
youngyakabarney
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi my phase1 r 5 turbo is for sale has a full years mot and a month tax. i bought the car bout 5 month ago as a non runner. since then i have replaced the head gasket with a k-tec uprated 1. had the head skimmed and pressure tested, new uprated head bolts. and when the head was put back on it got tightened to the correct settings as my mate works for renualt. i have replaced all the water pipes with red silcone hoses these cost £250,these are the non named ones but the same as sfs pipes as me mate got those on his and mine are identical other than they aint got the name on. it has had a carb repair kit from k-tec and i rebuilt the carb replacing all the gaskets and washers and that, has had a new windscreen fitted bout a month ago along with an insurane approved toad alarm. fitted bout a month ago from bassmechanixs. i have the certificate on hand so new owner can prove it has an alarm fitted if needs be. has had many new parts from renualt, like the header tank nuts and bolts and so on . has got a new t3 actuator which i bought brand new from k-tec and as you know arnt cheap, i have the receipts for these lying round some where. it has got the orignal 13inch alloys on which i have polished up as the wheels were in excellent condition. the tyres are like brand new still.

the car has not been lowered at all. has got a stainless exhaust system and scorpion rolled tip back box on. standard intercooler with a strap round it . did have a pace 1 on but some1 stole it. has got a boost guage and oil pressure gauage fited along with a new sandwich plate to run the oil pressure. the gauges have been placed into the centre air vents, needs the holders tho as i aint bought 1 as i have had more important thing to do, like getting the car to run.

on that note the car now starts and runs no nasty knocks,bangs or rattlesfrom the engine . the car does drive as well but when under boost it holds back pops and bangs. i not to sure weather its cos its not set up or the turbo has gone.does smoke a little when cold nothing serious tho.this problem seems to of cured now as i have took it out and it never poped banged or nothing. and boosted fine. but i carnt be sure how long that will last as it isnt set up but i think that all it needs not a new turbo. as it was going well when i took it out but could be alot better when set up. has had brand new 8mm leads. new spark plugs distributer cap and rotar arm. the gear box is working fine but when you in 4th gear it jumps out some times but goes straight back in. the fan has been wired up to a switch.so no over heating problem as this normlly the cause of the head gasket going. the car is really tidy inside and out for the age. it does have a few scratches and dents but nothing major. the worst part is the drivers door. ideally could do with being replaced as the bottom has rust on it. there is a few dents in the wing and a slight scratch in the bonnet but for a 20 odd year old car it is in good condition. the floor is solid the boot floor is sold no major rust or any thing. solid little car which is surprising. there still loads i have forgot to mention as it has had alot of work done to it. all the work carried out i have done my self with the help of the renualt technician as well so know excatle whats what with the car..

the car does run and drive but i would advise to have the car trailered or towed as i would not advise driving it untill set up or a new turbo has been put on. even tho the car seems to be running ok now i would still advise the above

if there is any thing else you would like to know about the car feel free to message me or contact me on 07999005623. i also have a good few spare bits that will go with the car, like spare bumpers etc.this has had a lot of time and money spent on it but i just can not afford to put any more money to it.

nice little project for some 1.with that little extra time. some 1 will be geting a really cheap little 5 turbo as these are fetching silly money i would just like to get some of my money back never get what i have spent on it tho. the reserve price is no where near what the car stands me. but like i said will never get it all back. once the car is set up or a new turbo is fitted this will be a little rocket, all the hard work has been done. i just carnt justify spending any more on the car as i have a corsa which has been sat in me yard for a good few months now as i spent all the money getting the 5 running which was ment for the corsa. if i didnt have the corsa i would of finished this off and kept it but i dont have the money to do both.

. no time waster veiw is welcome. if you do want to veiw the car please message me and will arrange it. . the car will be sold as seen i have been as onest as possible and all document
£950 open to sensible offers
can send pics via email if pics are wanted. just leave ya email address cheers

[Edited on 30-10-2008 by youngyakabarney]

[Edited on 03-11-2008 by youngyakabarney]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » not vauxhall but a r 5 turbo for sale. SOLD. well swapped for xe corsa 24 database queries in 0.0094199 seconds